Mediations By Marcus Aurelius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Resse

GIVING RNB B!TCHES DAT SKRONG MEAT, ON KING DAVID
I highly recommend everyone to read it. One of the GOAT books ive eva read :wow: These are some of my favorites quotes imma share with yall

“Your days are numbered. Use them to throw open the windows of your soul to the sun. If you do not, the sun will soon set, and you with it.”

“Everything - a horse, a vine - is created for some duty... For what task, then, were you yourself created?”

"To welcome with affection what is sent by fate. Not to stain or disturb the spirit within him with a mess of false beliefs. Instead, to preserve it faithfully, by calmly obeying God—saying nothing untrue, doing nothing unjust. And if the others don’t acknowledge it—this life lived with simplicity, humility, cheerfulness—he doesn’t resent them for it, and isn’t deterred from following the road where it leads: to the end of life. An end to be approached in purity, in serenity, in acceptance, in peaceful unity with what must be."

"Remember:
Matter. How tiny your share of it.
Time. How brief and fleeting your allotment of it.
Fate. How small a role you play in it."

"Do not act as if you had ten thousand years to throw away. Death stands at your elbow. Be good for something while you live and it is in your power.”

"At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: “I have to go to work—as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for— the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm? —But it’s nicer here. . . . So you were born to feel “nice”? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don’t you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you’re not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren’t you running to do what your nature demands?"

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”

"You’ve seen that. Now look at this. Don’t be disturbed. Uncomplicate yourself. Someone has done wrong . . . to himself. Something happens to you. Good. It was meant for you by nature, woven into the pattern from the beginning. Life is short. That’s all there is to say. Get what you can from the present—thoughtfully, justly. Unrestrained moderation."

I got a lot more but i don't want to spoil the book :kendrickcry:

PS: if you an atheist i don't think this book will be good for you

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
One of my fav books :wow1:

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own"

"Today I escaped from anxiety. Or no, I discarded it, because it was within me, in my own perceptions—not outside"

"Tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly. They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty of good, and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own—not of the same blood or birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born to work to together… To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are obstructions."

:wow1::wow1:

its a fantastic book to turn to when your feeling down or unmotivated to do anything.

"Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish."

"Begin - to begin is half the work, let half still remain; again begin this, and thou wilt have finished."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.