Mental health in the somali community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
The somali community is plagued with mental health issues, its a sad fact. instead of people being treated they are shunned away and told to have some imaan, tragic truly tragic.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Bruh why wouldn't we have mental illnesses... Somalis have been plagued with perpetual war, famine, terrorism for over a quarter century. I'm surprised we still function... Our people are resilient:wow: But i think we find comfort in strife:urgh:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
From I've seen, things are changing. Hopefully in 20 years time our community will start seeing this issue for what it is.

Salih

Move right or get left
Don't only state the problem. State the solution(s) too. Fuckin dumb atheists... What do you suggest? That people go on drugs like Antidepressants which is proven to increase the rate of suicide? You do the same thing every time: you mention communal problems and then blame religion. It's getting boring now.

Don't only state the problem. State the solution(s) too. Fuckin dumb atheists... What do you suggest? That people go on drugs like Antidepressants which is proven to increase the rate of suicide? You do the same thing every time: you mention communal problems and then blame religion. It's getting boring now.

Well the solution is to definitely not rely on the recitation of a Holy book mmkay?

I think understanding what mental health issues are and how to combat it would be very helpful. Espacially with how the war destroyed people and their homes. People need very different things and just handing them pills to make them feel temporarily better isn't going to cut it. I've always wanted to be a doctor so I can help my people out but medical school is tok expensive. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts