Murti'maal?

To maal is to milk
and murti is wisdom, so milking wisdom lol.
I think in its essence, maal means abundance, bountiful. Maybe in Somali culture, a lot of milk is synonymous with that in a poetic sense given the pastoralist living influence on the language. Besides that, I doubt maal means milk in its proper root form. I think it means wealth, money, and ownership of things, as much as it means milk.

And since murti means this:
1719176480352.png

Depending on context, it means rich in culture, literature, meaning, etc. One could say a gabay is murtimaal. At least, that is how I rationalize it.

I think in its essence, maal means abundance, bountiful. Maybe in Somali culture, a lot of milk is synonymous with that in a poetic sense given the pastoralist living influence on the language. Besides that, I doubt maal means milk in its proper root form. I think it means wealth, money, and ownership of things, as much as it means milk.

View attachment 332559

Depending on context, it means rich in culture, literature, meaning, etc. One could say a gabay is murtimaal. At least, that is how I rationalize it.
gabay is indeed murti maal because gabays are associated with wisdom, so it's like the poet is extracting wisdom. Sometimes to milk something doesn't necessarily mean milk either. Youtubers with clickbait titles who milk certain titles/topics for views, are they milking for caano? lol

gabay is indeed murti maal because gabays are associated with wisdom, so it's like the poet is extracting wisdom. Sometimes to milk something doesn't necessarily mean milk either. Youtubers with clickbait titles who milk certain titles/topics for views, are they milking for caano? lol
Certainly, it's not exclusive to such symbolic meaning. But I think the root is more about wealth. Since milking means to extract something for what it is worth. In my sense of understanding, I posit it means general wealth, whereas in Somali culture milk is one source of wealth. Instead of meaning milk in the literal sense where that has become a symbol of wealth from the root milk. However, I don't think it is a stretch to say that pastoralists did see it as wealth, as I mentioned. Thus maal can mean milk/milking, but as an extension of the aforementioned root.

View attachment 332559

1000043677.jpg
1000043679.jpg

Here is a context of how this word is used.
This brother basically uses 'murti'maal' as a title!

Ignore the 'Somalilander' part 😞

View attachment 332632View attachment 332633

Here is a context of how this word is used.
This brother basically uses 'murti'maal' as a title!

Ignore the 'Somalilander' part 😞
Also would 'Aqoon'maal' be a authentic afsomali word for the concept of 'science'?
Aqoon'maal would basically mean the extraction/ weath of knowledge

Trending