My alternative interpretation of the folktale, Queen Arawelo

I think Queen Arawelo isn’t a feminist hero, but a villain protagonist like Light from Death Note. The message of the folktale is a cautionary tale about toxic masculinity & femininity . Arawelo starts out as an anti hero due to her husband believed women should be restrict themselves to merely domestic duties about the house and leave everything else to men. In response, Arawelo demanded that all women across the land abandon their womanly role in society. She becomes the same sexist oppressor as her husband. Her castrating the male population is her dehumanizing men as objects only valued for their strength in the vein as how Red pill men/manosphere only values women for sex/child rearing. Arawelo being killed by her grandson symbolizes the damage gender wars are to a society/family. Having different roles or strengths & weakness doesn’t mean that either gender is better than each other.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
She was a ruler with Iron fist, but people are giving meanings beyond that because she is female. Some call her feminists, others a villain.

She was a ruler with Iron fist, but people are giving meanings beyond that because she is female. Some call her feminists, others a villain.
Kinda like Wu Zeitan. She was brutal, but also a good ruler for China. But to be fair, almost every China emperor was brutal.
Bloody Mary is sorta a British Queen Arawelo. Switch gender from religion. Honestly, Mary Tudor is a victim of both sexism & anti Catholicism. People forget that her hatred of Protestants was caused by her dad who converted from Catholicism to divorce her mum & abandon her as a child. Wouldn’t you hate a religion that break your family apart and was just made up by your dad to leave your mum ? Edward I aka Longshanks colonized Scotland, took a way their original language Gaelic and forced the Scottish into reading the Bible in England by holding them at gunpoint during mass. And he exiled all the Jews from Britain, too. But Mary’s the worst, though

Trending