NIRA partner up with National communication authority

You’ll soon need to link your National ID with Sim card registration as well as mobile money platforms. This is a significant step in the digital warefare against Al Shabaab and other criminal entities in the country.

IMG_5140.jpeg

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The gov can easily do mass surveillance on the population and link that up with A.I monitoring the capital, the US had a system like this which could predict where the attack may come from in Afganistan, it had 70% accuracy.

P
The gov can easily do mass surveillance on the population and link that up with A.I monitoring the capital, the US had a system like this which could predict where the attack may come from in Afganistan, it had 70% accuracy.
Agree. These extra steps go a long way. Xamar’s security significantly improved with the implementation of CCTV over the past two years. Adding AI to the mix will do wonders.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
P

Agree. These extra steps go a long way. Xamar’s security significantly improved with the implementation of CCTV over the past two years. Adding AI to the mix will do wonders.
It easy than what you imagine it to be, you need the access to data, which they have, and then connect the data pipeline to the ML and AI. Getting access to the data is the hardest step, the rest you can do it with 20 person team and data base.

The telecom companies can do that as well.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
National ID must be enforced. I want Somalia to be a 1984 dystopia because only then will we feel a sense of safety. Surveillance and tracking of everything.

Jaha

Cherry red Ferrari for free!
This was the final piece needed to connect identities to all data points that can be collected from both internet traffic and cellular networks.

It's important for the government to have the tools necessary for gathering intelligence, but we must be careful about the long-term implications. These tools could easily be misused, for example, to target political opposition, rather than legitimate national security threats.

I think a temporary law allowing mass surveillance could be a potential solution short term, though I'm really sure how it would be effectively implemented.

Trending

Latest posts