Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala surprises her Somali fans in Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
13626370_1059194374133968_8365763805963233423_n.jpg

The girls were recent refugees, primarily from Somalia, who attended Newcomer Academy at Wellstone International High School in Minneapolis. Their meeting at the Afro Deli and African Development Center was requested by Yousafzai and arranged by the Confederation of Somali Community in Minnesota.

“She is energized by conversations with girls,” said Eason Jordan, director of special projects for the Malala Fund, which supports more resources for education and safe schools for all children.

Accompanied by her father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, Malala entered the room drawing gasps and stares as she sat down with the girls. She asked them about their aspirations, nodding as the girls introduced themselves and spoke of their dreams of becoming teachers, doctors, and lawyers. She encouraged them to speak for themselves and join hands with others who are working for the same causes to make their voices even louder.

“I am with you and I stand by you,” Yousafzai told them.

Afterward, the girls surrounded her, taking selfies and receiving copies of her memoir.

“It’s amazing! I didn’t think I would see her today,” said Zaynab Abdi, clutching her copy of Yousafzai’s book.

http://m.startribune.com/youngest-peace-prize-winner-surprises-her-young-minneapolis-fans/388303981/

waraabe

Your superior
I am starting to wish the Taliban did their job . I am sick of this paki girl.

Well done for surviving a head shot but give us a break now.

Duchess

VIP
Audubilah. What has she done to you for you to wish death upon her?

Duchess

VIP
she is milking it. She has become a poster girl for western propaganda against Islam.

What western propaganda? As far as I know, she's helping young girls achieve their educational dreams.

Duchess

VIP
she needs to get back to education and stop annoying us.

That's exactly what she's doing..:drakewtf:

She's meeting with young women to promote education and her organization. I don't understand how she's annoying you when you're oceans apart?

waraabe

Your superior
That's exactly what she's doing..:drakewtf:

She's meeting with young women to promote education and her organization. I don't understand how she's annoying you when you're oceans apart?

. she has an organisation :yloezpe::yloezpe: see she is milking the whole thing.

Duchess

VIP
. she has an organisation :yloezpe::yloezpe: see she is milking the whole thing.

She has an organization to help promote her goals. I don't understand your objection. What's the point of saying you support equal educational opportunities for girls if you're not willing to do anything about it? Do you expect her to collect funds and put it into her own personal account?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
She's an intelligent, bright, young lady with a sparkling bright future ahead, the only men who are hating on her are losers.

Bohol

VIP
How come she is only meeting mainly with Somalis? It seems they are the best pet project. She is scared to meet her own Afghan/Paki
diaspora as they are extreme.

she is milking it. She has become a poster girl for western propaganda against Islam.

No she fucking isn't. If a Muslim advocates for refugees and education and opposes the Taliban, that equals doing 'western propaganda against Islam' in your eyes? On the one hand you oppose extremists and on the other you oppose those who put their lives in danger to oppose the extremists. I bet you get headaches from all of the confusion in your head.

Actually far from it. She never bashes Islam and the gaalo thought they would use this little girl but she is far too intelligent.

At the white house they were fawning over her trying to make her their little propaganda monster talking about how repressive her society is and she openly criticisized th drone program terrorizing her country. To Obama's face!! Who do you know that has the moral courage to do that?

She is an amazing young woman, a refreshing principled young Muslim woman. I am proud of her may Allah keep her safe.

waraabe

Your superior
Actually far from it. She never bashes Islam and the gaalo thought they would use this little girl but she is far too intelligent.

At the white house they were fawning over her trying to make her their little propaganda monster talking about how repressive her society is and she openly criticisized th drone program terrorizing her country. To Obama's face!! Who do you know that has the moral courage to do that?

She is an amazing young woman, a refreshing principled young Muslim woman. I am proud of her may Allah keep her safe.

yawnnnnnnnnn

why is she meeting Somalis? she needs to meet her paki country men who nearly killed her

yawnnnnnnnnn

why is she meeting Somalis? she needs to meet her paki country men who nearly killed her

Why the hell can't she meet Somalis? She meets everyone else around the world? For obvious safety reasons she can't freely meet ppl in Pakistan like she does when she is abroad but she does sit with Pakistani diaspora abroad.
You need to fuckin chill calling for her death. Sometimes i think u might be a legit psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.