Popular Arab Vlogger asks a Somali friend of his to teach him Somali but kid gets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
stuck with finding the word for "please " in Somali. It's not his fault tho cause Somali language does not have a vocabulary word for "please". Heck! The Somali language is 60% borrowed words from other languages of near by nations and trade nations.

stuck with finding the word for "please " in Somali. It's not his fault tho cause Somali language does not have a vocabulary word for "please". Heck! The Somali language is 60% borrowed words from other languages of near by nations and trade nations.

Somali language is not borrowed, but an afroasiatic, language belonging to the lower Cushitic branch.

We have alotta loan words from Arabic and bastardized words from Italian & English.
all languages have loan words,even English has loan words from a distant language like Arabic.english and Italian loan words in the Somali language are small in number and their influence is minimal.there are some Arab words ,but that is not to the extent menace is like;Somali is still a Cushitic language like Oromo and afar ,both of which have loan words from Arabic as well.

Their may not be a direct translation for the word please.....I am sure there is an equivalent way of asking for things nicely .

Fadlan waa af carabi that's the only please I know. You could also use raali gelin but it depends what you're saying because it's used in many different ways. "Waxan iisamey walaalo, adigo raali ah(please)"

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Once again it's up to me to teach you peasants afsomali.

Please-- Fadlan
Thank you-- mahadsaniid
Legs-- luugo
Chicken-- Dooro
Pancake-- canjeelo
Crepes-- malawax
Sweet-- macaan
Bitter-- Qaraar
Joke-- Kaftan
Fingers-- Faaro Faaro
Head-- Madax
Armpits-- Kilkilayasha
Odor-- Uur
Blanket-- Buusto
Bed-- Sariir
Love-- Jaceyl
Stupid-- Doqon
Witch-- Qumaayo
Fart-- Dhuuso
Man-- Niin
Woman-- Haween
Night-- Habeen
Bathroom-- Musqusha
Toilet-- Baquulika xaarka
Sit-- Fariiso
Stand-- Istaag
Sleep-- Jiifo
Bowl-- Baquuli
Cup-- Koob

Apollo

VIP
Why do Arabs think all Somalis speak Arabic?
It happened to me again today, some FOB Arab asking me stuff in Arabic without even asking if I speak it.

Damn, Somalia needs to get out of the Arab League or this bullshit confusion will continue.

DiricLover

Qalanjo

Please-- Fadlan
Thank you-- mahadsaniid
Legs-- luugo
Chicken-- Dooro
Pancake-- canjeelo
Crepes-- malawax
Sweet-- macaan
Bitter-- Qaraar
Joke-- Kaftan
Fingers-- Faaro Faaro
Head-- Madax
Armpits-- Kilkilayasha
Odor-- Uur
Blanket-- Buusto
Bed-- Sariir
Love-- Jaceyl
Stupid-- Doqon
Witch-- Qumaayo
Fart-- Dhuuso
Man-- Niin
Woman-- Haween
Night-- Habeen
Bathroom-- Musqusha
Sit-- Fariiso
Stand-- Istaag
Sleep-- Jiifo
Bowl-- Baquuli
Cup-- Koob
Kkk I've never heard baquulika xaarka very specific

Please-- Fadlan
Thank you-- mahadsaniid
Legs-- luugo
Chicken-- Dooro
Pancake-- canjeelo
Crepes-- malawax
Sweet-- macaan
Bitter-- Qaraar
Joke-- Kaftan
Fingers-- Faaro Faaro
Head-- Madax
Armpits-- Kilkilayasha
Odor-- Uur
Blanket-- Buusto
Bed-- Sariir
Love-- Jaceyl
Stupid-- Doqon
Witch-- Qumaayo
Fart-- Dhuuso
Man-- Niin
Woman-- Haween
Night-- Habeen
Bathroom-- Musqusha
Sit-- Fariiso
Stand-- Istaag
Sleep-- Jiifo
Bowl-- Baquuli
Cup-- Koob
fadlan is arabic:chrisfreshhah:

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Many words from different languages survived through Somali language which we still use it. Example

Arabic
Italian
Hindi
And more

Apollo

VIP
Many words from different languages survived through Somali language which we still use it. Example

Arabic
Italian
Hindi
And more

Most European languages stole loads from Latin and Greek. It's normal to steal vocabulary from more advanced societies.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Most European languages stole loads from Latin and Greek. It's normal to steal vocabulary from more advanced societies.

You know Somalia were main commercial country, like New York and Dubai during the silk road, because we were free port. Many tourist has come to visit the country, the sailors, scholars, and they left some words from their languages with the Somali people they get to know each other. These words survive for very long time and become part of language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts