Puntland Town Plan Missing Land Preparation

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
As a puntite it makes me sad to see public and even private land soil not prepared, it's all rocky and un-touched like this all over our cities. Not one city has proper land management or landscaping done for it.

Garowe+034.JPG

Look at this joke at Bosaso electricity plant. No land preparation

This is proper land preparation for development. It' apart of all town-plans in the world, no-one can build anything untill government clears the land, zones it, and sub-divides it.

images

Everywhere in Puntland whether it's residential or business they don't do any land preparation. Someone has to tell the government all pre-existing and new developments must have land preparation done.

Puntland govt needs to do land preparation of public spaces before development happens. We can't beautify our city without land-preparation, it will always look like a ghetto with buildings.

PL govt should get to work and begin land preparation on side of roads, public lane ways, open spaces in the city, and then tell residents n investors where they can build. Meel duhur ah oo rocky ah ayaa arkaysa guri iska dhisan, this has to stop untill the land is prepared 4 settlement.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@repo my first task as 'mayor' of each town is to flatten and remove excess rocks and apply top-soil to all urban public spaces. The whole city would change in terms of 'beauty'. I would hire a team of land-scapers also to assist in how to further beautify the city public areas by studying public area development of other successful cities.

I wud also set up building recommendation for our climate, we will use to much energy if we don't design buildings to our environment. We copied hamar 1960s style type of homes, which is totally unsuitable to our environment.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@repo this is way more suitable to our climate. Keeps homes cool. I would send a study team to 'salalah oman' who share similar environment and study their housing development design.

paros-island-naoussa-village-traditional-greek-architecture-white-houses-church-blue-sea-greek-islands-greece-europe-dp4555701-1600_2.jpg

1000_F_127612460_tAA75tWLIIhEgwG1VAPrBj2h7S6BNe17.jpg

I am even willing to study new building development designs to keep the inside cool and other design recommendations.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's exceptionally durable. Many people don't know it but limestone is actually one of the most durable of all natural building materials.Limestone is extremely versatile. Limestone is also extremely versatile. A natural way to keep your home cool. Limestone is a great conductor of heat

We should start with Limestone for public buildings and make it the number 1 building material for residential

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
@repo this is way more suitable to our climate. Keeps homes cool. I would send a study team to 'salalah oman' who share similar environment and study their housing development design.

paros-island-naoussa-village-traditional-greek-architecture-white-houses-church-blue-sea-greek-islands-greece-europe-dp4555701-1600_2.jpg

1000_F_127612460_tAA75tWLIIhEgwG1VAPrBj2h7S6BNe17.jpg

I am even willing to study new building development designs to keep the inside cool and other design recommendations.
There's passive designed homes in Australia's NT region where it gets over 100 degrees in summers. Check out these videos.