Question for Sspotters- Why haven't Digil iyo Mirifle ever been allowed/able to become president or prime minister in Somalia?

FB_IMG_1721308323524.jpg

Since the year 1960, Somalia has had numerous presidents and prime ministers predominantly of the Hawiye and Daarood clans. Dir gained prime minister once in these 60 years.

One thing I have always wondered is why Digil and Mirifle haven't been able to become president or prime minister in these years. What is the reason for this.

Numerically Digil and Mirifle aren't smaller in number then Hawiye and Daarood, it could be argued that they are numerically larger. Also they do not have less landmass and occupy some of the most fertile regions in Somalia once known to be the breadbasket of Somalia.

So this begs me to question why haven't they been able to become president even once from 1960 to now.

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Question should be why weren't Dir allowed to hold power? I think Dir who are actually indigenous to the land are much more deserving( - Isaaq they're Arabs)

Question should be why weren't Dir allowed to hold power? I think Dir who are actually indigenous to the land are much more deserving( - Isaaq they're Arabs)
How are Dir more indigenous?

But I do agree with your point of Dir deserving of presidency. The only difference to Dir and Raxanweyn is that Dir have gotten prime minister once while us Reewins haven't even had that opportunity.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Somalia has had real democracy for only 9 years, 1960-1969. The D&M were in opposition most of those 9 years. From 1969 to 1991 there was a dictatorship. There was no government from 1991 to 2004. From 2004 to today, the 4.5 system has been in use. The D&M have the right to elect one of their own president.

The problem is that D&M are a very disunited group. The D&M are similar to the Luhya of Kenya. A large block that should be very powerful, but isn’t because it lacks unity.

There has only been two actual presidents in Somalia. All the rest of the "presidents" are either interim governments or weak head of states.

If Somalia never fell to Kacaan, I'm certain a Rx would have eventually been president.

Somalia has had real democracy for only 9 years, 1960-1969. The D&M were in opposition most of those 9 years. From 1969 to 1991 there was a dictatorship. There was no government from 1991 to 2004. From 2004 to today, the 4.5 system has been in use. The D&M have the right to elect one of their own president.

The problem is that D&M are a very disunited group. The D&M are similar to the Luhya of Kenya. A large block that should be very powerful, but isn’t because it lacks unity.
Good point. The disunity is there and needs to be ended

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty
View attachment 334820

Since the year 1960, Somalia has had numerous presidents and prime ministers predominantly of the Hawiye and Daarood clans. Dir gained prime minister once in these 60 years.

One thing I have always wondered is why Digil and Mirifle haven't been able to become president or prime minister in these years. What is the reason for this.

Numerically Digil and Mirifle aren't smaller in number then Hawiye and Daarood, it could be argued that they are numerically larger. Also they do not have less landmass and occupy some of the most fertile regions in Somalia once known to be the breadbasket of Somalia.

So this begs me to question why haven't they been able to become president even once from 1960 to now.

Can anyone answer this question for me?
Yh. Problem is, its never about race or whatever people think. Its about qabil. Unless you question the qabyaalad you can't really expect to win. We will see soon inshallah. They just gotta set aside their bullshit qabaalad iyo qabil and move forward

To be honest not having a prime minister is crazy. Even during that everybody eats era in the 2000s.

We all know D&M are disrespected though, the onus is on them to unite and change the narrative.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP

The same goes for Dir, we pretty much ceased to exist as a collective entity before the 16th century, being the oldest Somali clan, we have fragmented/been absorbed or have gone alone, Surre left northern Somali in the 13th, the Biyaal left Somali region in Ethiopia in the 18/19th century to move down south due to Ethiopian incursions in the area.

The Isaaq are a splinter group of Dir:deadosama:, not Arabs, the only connection we have with Arabs is a certain Quraysh lineage split off from us during our migration into the horn.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The same goes for Dir, we pretty much ceased to exist as a collective entity before the 16th century, being the oldest Somali clan, we have fragmented/been absorbed or have gone alone, Surre left northern Somali in the 13th, the Biyaal left Somali region in Ethiopia in the 18/19th century to move down south due to Ethiopian incursions in the area.

The Isaaq are a splinter group of Dir:deadosama:, not Arabs, the only connection we have with Arabs is a certain Quraysh lineage split off from us during our migration into the horn.

Dir sometimes depend on other clans to remember for them who is Dir. They also appears to be the sole preislamic clan given the TMRCA of their Y dna.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Dir sometimes depend on other clans to remember for them who is Dir. They also appears to be the sole preislamic clan given the TMRCA of their Y dna.
The elders are aware majority of the population is ignorant to it, there was a conference held a few years back, and a new Ugaas was selected.

Dir v D&M. Looks like HSM gotta pick one and lose the other

Do Dir really deserve that position, especially when their biggest subclan (Isaaq) doesn't want to be part of Somalia.

D&M are one of the biggest contributers to the government of Somalia, they make up a big portion of the SNA and contribute heavily to the tax revenue. Compare that to Isaaq who don't do either?

We all know what the smart choice is that HSM should make.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Do Dir really deserve that position, especially when their biggest subclan (Isaaq) doesn't want to be part of Somalia.

D&M are one of the biggest contributers to the government of Somalia, they make up a big portion of the SNA and contribute heavily to the tax revenue. Compare that to Isaaq who don't do either?

We all know what the smart choice is that HSM should make.
I think yall deserve even bigger position.

4.5 HSM needs both dir and D&M MPs to be elected and pass legislation. Lol it’s tough decision needs to keep both happy

Most subclans of darood hawiye and dir have never held any of the top positions either
True, but that's still better then D&M. Because that one subclan of Daarood (MJ & Mx & OG) are still representing the wider Daarood clan. Hamza Aden Barre is currently representing the whole of Daarood while being prime minister not just his subclan. This is because of the 4.5 system. He isn't just representing OG.

Same thing with Hassan sheikh, he isn't representing only Abgaal but rather Hawiye as a whole, due to sitting on a 4.5 seat.