Response to the anti-natalists:

Do you support the growth of somalia, in population & development?

• Results(aka 'no' people who dont want somalia to succeed}

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
This about this post:

I noticed a lot a lot of people being against the growth of somalia, saying things like having high fertility is no good and that we shouldnt indiamax. people openly advocating for anti-natalism, calling pro-fertility people the r3tards. Here is what they say:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aside from their clear absence of all logic, what these people are saying is, since Somalia is poor, f-cked, and low iq all somalis should stop having kids / go under replacement level in order to supposedly save the country. They look up to western and developed countries for inspiration, correlating the fact that these countries have high development with a low birthrate. Although its true, high development countries do indeed have lower birthrates, all these anti-somali users all look over a few things which I have grouped into 3 main categories.

1.Population
2.Development
3.History

1. These users ignore that aside from the birthrate, countries with low birthrates often already have high populations, this matters a lot but before I explain that here are a few examples of developed countries with low birthrates.

South Korea: 51 Million - 0.81 TFR (total fertility rate) - 32,400 USD GDP per capita (38,000 mi2)
France: 68 Million - 1.84 TFR - 40800 USD GDP per capita
Britain: 67 Million - 1.56 TFR - 46100 USD GDP per capita
Brazil: 215 Million - 1.64 TFR - 8900 USD GDP per capita
USA: 333 Million - 1.66 TFR - 76000 USD GFP per capita

As you can see, these are a few developed countries with high GDP's but low birthrate, at face value you might think that having a low birth rate means high GDP, but that is not true and is a good example of why correlation does not mean causation. Something I see with uneducated anti-natalists.
Although these developed countries have a low birthrate, they already have a high population to support the development of their countries. This is a well known pattern, its called the demographic transition. Where a countries population, birthrate and development are all interconnected and go through stages. As the development of a country increases due to growing population, industrialization and other factors it will go through this transition. Somalia was in the first stage during the civil war,(Instead of death rate being high it was fleeing and war) now we are in middle stage 2, where the population is still growing at a strong rate and development is happening fast.

1723133522037.png

Now every country is different, and this is just a model. But this model is very useful in understanding the trends of our country.

Compare this to britain, it is currently in late stage 4,
here is its demographic transition

1723133965478.png

Population Growth of England
1723134225081.png

Here is its GDP, see how it corresponds?

1723134153332.png

Now before I start analyzing, I want to clarify that there are many factors that go into this. Two major things to note is the industrial revolution which started in england during the late 1700s and early 1800s. Industrialization led to mass urbanization, major development and an increase in population. Second is post ww2 population boom, the quality of life was high and people started having kids like crazy.

You can see that in 1820 the crude birth rate for britain was in the upper thirties, which is very high, Somalia today has a crude birth rate of 40. You must keep in mind however that giving brith is a lot easier then 200 years ago which is why somalia is a bit higher. But continuing, so the main arguement for somalia not have a high fertility is that their gonna grow up poor and have a harsh life. This is true a certain extent but if you were to compare it to how kids were living in industrial age britain, you would be surpised. This is what google says
Estimates of the percentage of child workers in British factories during the Industrial Revolution range from 45% to 54.5%:
  • 1788: Two-thirds of workers in 143 water-powered cotton mills were children
  • 1821: Children under 20 made up 49% of the English population
  • 1830: Children made up 50% of the workforce
  • 1833: Children under 13 made up 10–20% of the workforce in cotton, wool, flax, and silk mills, while children ages 13–18 made up 23–57%
furthermore, aside from most kids working 12 hours a day they didnt have no schooling massive pollution and health problems because of that.

Compare that to somalia, yes industrialization isnt happening to the level of britain but somalia is still developing. But you will not hear about kids working 12 hour work days. I dont want to ignore the problems, yes there are problems but the plan of action that anti natalists have is completely wrong, wrong wrong. I have even seen that they brainwashed people into thinking that population is the problem. It is not, every western developed country went through this exact stage.

Even though things were bad in Britain, it was because the government did not reform or help its people right away. Somalia, yes some portion of the population might be living in bad conditions but this is at the fault of the incompetent government who isn't providing for its people or making use of the population to industrialize properly and develop quickly to get past this stage.

Britain at the time of the industrial revolution had a similar population to somalia.

Another note is im not saying that somalia will follow the exact ways britain, britains been through this 200 years ago. Many new factors are present which is why things dont exactly line up. But they still share a lot of similarities, enough so to dispell the misinformation by anti-natalists who are going off their personal lives and not the bigger picture.

Attachments

• 1723133474865.png
    1723133474865.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 15

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
2. Development of Somalia.
So another thing I hear is that Somalia is not developed enough to be having such a high birthrate, using it as a reason push anti-natalism / less children. Now I can categorize this way of thinking of fully Malthusian. It is named after a person named Thomas Malthus, he was born during the industrial revolution. He came up with a false theory (disproved by the current state of the world) that the population of the world would outpace the food production, resources and developments of the world. He had a very major oversight, he was looking at his present time and their ways of development, food production and resource use. He forgot to account for future innovations that came with a greater population, he thought the means of subsistence would only grow arithmetically.
How does this apply to Somalia? Well people in the last thread kept saying that people should stop having kids because there are no resources for them and they will grow up to be r3tarded. Not only is the most disgusting thing I have heard on this website, Its completely untrue and follows a malthusian and anti-natalist way of thinking, you are assuming that resouces will not be expanded and the people who are saying this are projecting their one off personal upbringing / propaganda on to others. Somalis has been in a civil war, its recently got out of that and even though the gov. is incompetent. There is development happening, the average quality of living is going up for somalia. Especially if you take account for the massive civil war that absolutely stunted the progress on our country and serves as a major factor to our current status...

3. History
Somalia has been in a civil war since 1991 and has been in troubles ever since the ogaden war which have extended to this very day, It would be very inconsiderate not to account this for our development and population growth. Lets look at our neighbors, somalia currently has a population of 17 million. Ethiopia is at 120 million. Kenya is at 50 million. Tanzania 65 million.
Yes I do understand that somalia use to be a nomadic society and wasent an agriculutrual one which ususally supports a greater population. But thats why we need to change and start taking advantage of the amount potential agricultural land we have in south somalia waamo area central area. All places where kebab is under, I wonder why. Siad had plans to take advantage of all this land too even a dam aswell but this government youd be happy if a road was paved but anyways.

It is more then necessary to compare the population of somalia to its neighbors, I'm sick and tired of hypocrites pointing out the 'explosive' growth of somalia while they completely ignore our neighbors and how massive their populations are. They arent in the interests of somalis, instead they just ramble about western talking points like feminism, at least save that for later when somalia is more developed and has a fair population. Were making up for the growth missed during the civil war. Thats why I support a proper government, because this gov is not properly aiding the growth of the country their more busy arguing with each other and looting I have more stuff to write but im going to leave it off here spent some good time researching this i didnt bother reviewing this so comment if i made a mistake

Our fertility rate is 5.7 now. Somalia will never become like India or our neighbor. We’ll peak at less than 50 million, or at best, a bit over that. There’s no need for a huge population or to risk making your population go extinct. There is a golden middle road.

A huge population is not needed; what we need is quality over quantity. Look at Singapore: they could easily conquer Ethiopia with their modern army, jets, etc. Quality > quantity.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
Our fertility rate is 5.7 now. Somalia will never become like India or our neighbor. We’ll peak at less than 50 million, or at best, a bit over that. There’s no need for a huge population or to risk making your population go extinct. There is a golden middle road.
We'll see, but having a bigger population but no big is always the right way. Trust me no one wants to be like india or bangladesh. theres always going to be a golden amount for each and every country. and for greater somalia I think that number is around 50-70 million.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
A huge population is not needed; what we need is quality over quantity. Look at Singapore: they could easily conquer Ethiopia with their modern army, jets, etc. Quality > quantity.
What do you define as a huge population? Also there is no such thing as quality over quantity when youre talking about human beings. Thats dependant on how developed your country is which cant happen with a weak population and bad government. Singapore, the difference is their size. Their small, have a very good location and a massive population relative to their size. combine that with their level of development and you have a power house.

Firstly my post was referring to Ethiopia's birthrate although I understand the confusion. Secondly nice straw man, at no point did I say negative fertility is a good thing, otherwise I wouldnt praise Ethiopias birthrate which is well above replacement levels. Please learn to read carefully.

What do you define as a huge population? Also there is no such thing as quality over quantity when youre talking about human beings. Thats dependant on how developed your country is which cant happen with a weak population and bad government. Singapore, the difference is their size. Their small, have a very good location and a massive population relative to their size. combine that with their level of development and you have a power house.
With the amount of oil resources (not confirmed but aka to be assumed) 30b barrels of oil, that could make Somalia, if it has under a 40m pop, a functioning powerhouse in Africa. Anything over that, you’ll have a huge population of people with $3k per capita and a huge GDP, with nothing to show for it. Like Bangladesh.

And I'm not advocating for low fertility. It's a common fact that 10 third-world workers make up the labor value of one citizen from a developed country. So, high fertility is needed in the beginning.

One thing people never talk about is population wise K5 + NFD + Djibouti + qurbojoog = Somalia. If Somalia fix up internally , and we’re able to sort out our external concerns, then that population will go from 18 to 35 million.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
Firstly my post was referring to Ethiopia's birthrate although I understand the confusion. Secondly nice straw man, at no point did I say negative fertility is a good thing, otherwise I wouldnt praise Ethiopias birthrate which is well above replacement levels. Please learn to read carefully.
Please learn to read carefully, I wasent speaking directly to you. And youre posts and reactions were clearly pointing at you supporting a lower birthrate. You can praise ethiopias birthrate all you want, you clearly didnt read anything I wrote. Strawman so funny, Ive studied all the fallacies I didnt use any. Which is why I didnt single out any one user.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
One thing people never talk about is population wise K5 + NFD + Djibouti + qurbojoog = Somalia. If Somalia fix up internally , and we’re able to sort out our external concerns, then that population will go from 18 to 35 million.
im talking about future growth. but thanks

The Somali government is not conquering those lands. It would never happen in this political climate

Screenshot_20231207_220620_OneDrive.jpg

By 2100 Somalia will reach 66 million and this is according to UN estimates. Remember half of the total Somali population lives outside, so if you wanna know the total Somali population multiply by 2. So by 2050 we will be 80 million Somalis and 132 million Somalis in 2100.

View attachment 338237
By 2100 Somalia will reach 66 million and this is according to UN estimates. Remember half of the total Somali population lives outside, so if you wanna know the total Somali population multiply by 2. So by 2050 we will be 80 million Somalis and 132 million Somalis in 2100.
Nope, I don’t believe in that BS 🤣. That list doesn’t take into account that TFR drops every decade or so. The list is BS; we’re not reaching 80 million 🤣

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
Nope, I don’t believe in that BS 🤣. That list doesn’t take into account that TFR drops every decade or so. The list is BS; we’re not reaching 80 million 🤣
Yep which is why im not caring about high birthrates obviously their gonna start falling so might aswell take advantage now we will be reachign 70 million