Rich Somali Taxi Driver in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Somali media shouldn't flaunt the wealth of the diaspora like that while desperate people in Somalia will read it. This is what causes all these young Somalis to drown in the Mediterranean. What's the point of covering this?

Somali media shouldn't flaunt the wealth of the diaspora like that. This is what causes all these young Somalis to drown in the Mediterranean. What's the point of covering this?

I know what you mean but don't take it negatively...It's inspiration if anything. I'm tired of somalis only spreading our bad news. We have so much good going for us around the world and we should recognize this to motivate our fellow somalis in the west.

Apollo

VIP
I know what you mean but don't take it negatively...It's inspiration if anything. I'm tired of somalis only spreading our bad news. We have so much good going for us around the world and we should recognize this to motivate our fellow somalis in the west.

Yeah I see. But still on balance it's negative. IMO, Somali media should focus more on success stories in Somalia or Africa.

Hafez

VIP
Maa sha Allah. Second guy with a rolls Royce that I've heard of, first one being a distant cousin.
:ehh:
The guy is humble ma sha Allah and praises Allah for his success. He's setting a good example for the Somali people.

Good for the man. I'm happy for him.

But @Amun has a point. Take a look at the comments in that FB post. Nearly all of them are of Somali youth back home. This is where they get their ideas from to cross the sea

Hubble

VIP
Good for the man. I'm happy for him.

But @Amun has a point. Take a look at the comments in that FB post. Nearly all of them are of Somali youth back home. This is where they get their ideas from to cross the sea

Oh come on! They know the good things in Somalia and there are plenty of photographers and bloggers who highlight the successes back home. The Somali community is one of the most displaced in the world, us diasporans need feel good stories too. We have so many people in prison, terrorism and gang charges, people on welfare etc we need to hear positive stories too.

Hubble

VIP
@KowDheh social networking sites should be banned in Somalia

No I think they should educated on life in the West instead. They fall for people posing next to nice cars, wearing H&M clothes but pretending it's expensive, make up and other tat. We need to tell them that rent is half your paycheck, even cleaning jobs need work experience, that education takes so many of your years before you can find a decent job.That wealthy people are very few and other hard facts, then they'll see the opportunities in front of them. $10, 000 can buy you a factory making fruit juice and you'll have more disposable income than you would in Somalia. We need to teach young people how lucky they are to live in a country with so much opportunity. Look at those young friends in Xamar who got together and opened a pizza restaurant together which is beautiful and looks so exclusive.

It's difficult since the diaspora can't be expected to monitor what they put on social media out of fear of making someone back home jealous. The people back home, with the help of those abroad, need to work together to create a better more prosperous country that gives its citizens everything people in the west enjoy. Until then though ima still be flossing like a boss :cool:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
No I think they should educated on life in the West instead. They fall for people posing next to nice cars, wearing H&M clothes but pretending it's expensive, make up and other tat. We need to tell them that rent is half your paycheck, even cleaning jobs need work experience, that education takes so many of your years before you can find a decent job.That wealthy people are very few and other hard facts, then they'll see the opportunities in front of them. $10, 000 can buy you a factory making fruit juice and you'll have more disposable income than you would in Somalia. We need to teach young people how lucky they are to live in a country with so much opportunity. Look at those young friends in Xamar who got together and opened a pizza restaurant together which is beautiful and looks so exclusive.

You know what amazes me more than someone paying 10s of thousands to go on an overcrowded boat? It's the ones who make it to the west with all the free education, healthcare and jobs and still choose to go on Maqaaxis or become thugs, drug-dealers , uneducated and doing benefit-frauds

Status
Not open for further replies.