Satanic Temple: We want equality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
http://www.salon.com/2015/11/21/its...lenges_the_religious_right/?source=newsletter

We’re not trying to destroy religious privilege and exemption; we are coming at it in a way that we can find a legitimate plateau on which religious privilege can work in a pluralistic society. During our Oklahoma campaign to place our statue of Baphomet alongside the Ten Commandments, people kept asking what were we looking for? What was our preferred outcome? For the Ten Commandments to come down or ours to go up? But either one of those outcomes was OK with us. What we were fighting against was that one perspective enjoyed the power of state government. We were just fighting against the worst-case scenario—that the Christian point of view had a preferred place in a government institution.

I’m not sure that people can make the appeal that because of deeply held beliefs they shouldn’t be held accountable to laws. But the courts need to be prepared to acknowledge that if they can, then a diametrically opposed claim can also be made on the basis of sincere belief.

What do you guys think of this?

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Is Oklahoma a Christian stronghold?

I'm tempted to join their forums and find out more about the Satanic Temple. However would mean I have to read ayatul kursi every time I log in to their cursed platform... :cosbyhmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.