Should Somalia enslave its own population like Eritrea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I was just reading something about the Eritrean ''National Service''. This is a scheme that forces all adult Eritreans to work for the state without allowing them to quit that job (i.e. basically slavery, but for the greater good).

Should Somalia introduce a similar scheme. Perhaps this can tackle unemployment, sectarianism, and radicalization. All problems that Eritrea doesn't have.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Lol Somalia is not a military dictatorship anymore. Weapons need to be kept away from the people as much as possible

Apollo

VIP
Lol Somalia is not a military dictatorship anymore. Weapons need to be kept away from the people as much as possible

They aren't real soldiers, at least most of them. They are forced to work for mining companies, road construction, public office etc.

Ironically, North Korea recently also started contracting out its citizens to foreign countries to build shit for them in return for money. There are thousands of North Koreans in Poland & Russia doing construction for the DPRK. :ulachen001:

I don't want Somalia to become such a miserable place, not that Somalis would allow this to happen. Puntland and Somaliland would become sovereign nations while the clans in the rest of Somalia would fall back into all out civil war.

VixR

Veritas
I don't want Somalia to become such a miserable place, not that Somalis would allow this to happen. Puntland and Somaliland would become sovereign nations while the clans in the rest of Somalia would fall back into all out civil war.

Lol. What a thing to say. Why do you have ill will towards them like that?

Lol. What a thing to say. Why do you have ill will towards them like that?
I have no ill will towards Eritrea. The country is in a rough spot though. The things I hear about it make it sound like Somalia under Barre. I don't think that it is sustainable and if Eritrea falls and gets reabsorbed by Ethiopia, guess who's next...

I was just reading something about the Eritrean ''National Service''. This is a scheme that forces all adult Eritreans to work for the state without allowing them to quit that job (i.e. basically slavery, but for the greater good).

Should Somalia introduce a similar scheme. Perhaps this can tackle unemployment, sectarianism, and radicalization. All problems that Eritrea doesn't have.

dont koreans do that too? for 2 or 3 years. i think it would be smart. since our numbers would be strong. but id rather our money spent on infrastructure and education before the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.