Smoking and cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say someone has been smoking a pack every two days for two months but then completely quits.

How much damage has been done? Did the cancer risk go up? Will he die sooner in average?

Apollo

VIP
I don't smoke, but who the hell wants to live to 90? I would be satisfied with 75. Afterwards it just becomes a drag.

Same here, just not getting my hopes up. I'd be satisfied with 70s.

No return on investment in regards to pension. If you live only 15 years or less after retirement, you paid into pension for nothing.

It would be nice to live for another 20 years after retirement

Apollo

VIP
No return on investment in regards to pension. If you live only 15 years or less after retirement, you paid into pension for nothing.

It would be nice to live for another 20 years after retirement

Pensions are a scam. It's a Ponzi scheme. It will only be there for baby boomers and gen X people. Everyone beyond those generations will get breadcrumbs.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
:bell: Let the internet financial planners advise you bruh :russ: fiduciary advice on demand.:pachah1:401ks and pensions are there to supplement savings and social security. :comeon: If you don't have any savings and you plan on retiring on ss and 401k or just ss alone you might be in bad shape.

It's not a problem. They calculate the risk in pack years, one pack a day for a year is a pack year. If you've smoked 12 pack years and quit by 30 they say you'll still catch up with your peers. You're talking about just 2 packs total, you're fine just make sure you quit.

It's not a problem. They calculate the risk in pack years, one pack a day for a year is a pack year. If you've smoked 12 pack years and quit by 30 they say you'll still catch up with your peers. You're talking about just 2 packs total, you're fine just make sure you quit.

What a horrible way to go.

I've quit anyway

:bell: Let the internet financial planners advise you bruh :russ: fiduciary advice on demand.:pachah1:401ks and pensions are there to supplement savings and social security. :comeon: If you don't have any savings and you plan on retiring on ss and 401k or just ss alone you might be in bad shape.

The two government pensions are useless. I don't think about that garbage. Everyone gets that when they become 65. The max they give you is around $1500 for both.

I'm talking about defined benefit pensions with your employer that cover 75% of the best 2-5 year income average and adjusted for inflation every year and retiring in your 50s. You see them middle class white old people who spend 6 months in Thailand and 6 months back in their country? I am already dreaming of my retirement. I will spend the winters in Florida or Tahiti and take random trips to Beijing and Krakow in a random month like April or October. Nothing is stopping you during retirement. You can see a good deal in February on Expedia and the next day you're at the airport lol I want that kind of life and I want it now

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
As a smoker, I say quit now. I mean, you didn't do yourself any favours but the damage is basically nothing. The problem comes when people smoke heavily for years on end. You've been smoking a medium amount for only two months. Your longs are perfectly fine, and if you quit now your life expectancy will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending