Social media, unemployment and tahriib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of followers of these pages on Instagram, snaochat are from Somalia. Those pages give glimpses of beautiful world which allure our youth to the deadly trip. Imagine country where The unemployment rate for youth aged 14 to 29 is 67 percent (one of the highest rates in the world) and women lose out more, with unemployment rates at 74%, compared to men at 61%.
IMG_4837.jpg
IMG_4862.jpg

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Its not just Social media keep in mind those back home cant travel and go on holiday to other countries they stuck with no money and no way to go except tahriib

Incrediable. So social media is the MAIN reason for thousands of somalis perishing in the sea. They see us in our photos and dream to diaspora somalis. I feel ashamed. I shall not post anymore on social media with fancy pictures. Or actually ill just block my fob cousins ;) lool

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Incrediable. So social media is the MAIN reason for thousands of somalis perishing in the sea. They see us in our photos and dream to diaspora somalis. I feel ashamed. I shall not post anymore on social media with fancy pictures. Or actually ill just block my fob cousins ;) lool
I mean, if Somalia was in a better situation, they would simply be taking safer routes instead. Look at India, Pakistan, China, etc. They're pretty decent countries but many want to move so bad to Europe/NA. I would say that the false notion that the West is paradise riddled with unemployment is what is mostly causing many Somalis to perish in the seas. Therefore, what do you think social media sites like Instagram will do to these impressionable minds?

VixR

Veritas
It's way out there to blame social media when the situation on the ground is shit. Unemployment is more than enough reason, wouldn't u say?

It's way out there to blame social media when the situation on the ground is shit. Unemployment is more than enough reason, wouldn't u say?

That's true but I know some who have good opportunities in back home but suddenly joined the fleet of illegal just because all their friends in Europe posting these fancy pictures ( malls, public gardens)

I mean, if Somalia was in a better situation, they would simply be taking safer routes instead. Look at India, Pakistan, China, etc. They're pretty decent countries but many want to move so bad to Europe/NA. I would say that the false notion that the West is paradise riddled with unemployment is what is mostly causing many Somalis to perish in the seas. Therefore, what do you think social media sites like Instagram will do to these impressionable minds?

India, china, Egypt, Pakistan & Nigeria migrant because of overpopulation of their countries. It has nothing to do with social media. The life in those countries is very tough and survival is for fitness. I hope that pages closed for next couple of years or do like somaliface and concentrated on Somalis in back home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending