• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Som

VIP
I am trying to classify different Somali accents
In my opinion there are 4 different Somali accents:
Northern Somali accent : spoken in sool, Sanaag, togdheer,waqooyi galbeed and awdal.

Central Somali accents: in my opinion there are 2 different types of central Somali accents, the darood version is influenced by northern accents while the hawiye version (murursade,habar gidir) has some southern influence, anyways I think that central Somali is standard form of Somali ,it's spoken from galkacyo too beledweyne and in my opinion is very easy to understand .

Southern accents: southern accents are spoken in parts of hiiran, Lower and middle shabelle and of course Mogadishu.

Southern darood accent: this accent is used by darood who live in gedo ,lower and middle jubba, when listening to this accent you can clearly understand that it originally came from the north, but this accent is also influenced by southern accents so darood in kismaayo don't sound like daroods in galgaduud

I didn't include af maay because it's not a dialect, I belive it's a separate language
What do you think ?

waraabe

Your superior
You forget

Northern accent is from sool to Djibouti and Somali Ethiopian regions

Central accent is puntland and Galmudug states

Southern is anything after Galmudug all the way to NFD

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I have no accent, I speak Somali according to whomever I'm speaking to. Be it cadcad or mudugi

There is not such thing as Nothern Somali accent Borame and Hargeisa dont have the same accent, maybe to a Southern all Qaldaans sound the same.

Som

VIP
Yes I know, this is a macro classification
Of course not alla northern accents are the same but they share some characteristics

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I speak the accent known as 'Rooti iyo Ismaris', waa isku lax walaaqa waxkasto

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Central accent slightly northern/ added with bit reer Xamar accent + neighborhood kids accent my accent changes depending on whom am speaking with.

Apollo

VIP
I can't really tell the difference between the non-Waqooyi Galbeed/Xamari accents. Sound more or less the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.