Somali beauty industry is sick and gross!

The Somali beauty industry is getting out of hand:

They’re using these untested and unapproved products from China and are peeling their skin to make themselves light skin:

IMG_4733.jpeg

Some of these products are doing this:

IMG_4734.jpeg

Then you have the before and after of certain influencers which I don’t want to post. They go from very dark to now very light and many of them made their wealth via selling these creams and presenting it as beauty and ‘ilbaax’. These light skin influencers are lusted over by fob men and well and are presented as the ideal beauty, so whilst the fault lies with the women, you cannot deny that fob men like and prefer lighter skin women.

Seeing this shocked the hell out me. Also, a common saying back home is ‘doqon iyo habeen baa madow’. Meaning only night and foolish woman is black.

Look at these hands: They don’t look human let alone Somali. Even white people have their veins showing to this extent:

IMG_4737.jpeg

I suspect that this is all because of the Hindi and Turkish qashin that is popular back home — especially Bollywood which reinforces that ONLY light skin women are beautiful and doesn’t reflect our natural diversity. There are Somalis with beautiful dark skin, those with beautiful light skin, and hair types ranging from type 4 to type 2, but instead they are being fed this narrow spectrum of beauty. White skin, curvy with pin straight black hair. We are in a sad state wallahi

wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP
I suspect that this is all because of the Hindi and Turkish qashin that is popular back home — especially Bollywood which reinforces that ONLY light skin women are beautiful and doesn’t reflect our natural diversity. There are Somalis with beautiful dark skin, those with beautiful light skin, and hair types ranging from type 4 to type 2, but instead they are being fed this narrow spectrum of beauty. White skin, curvy with pin straight black hair. We are in a sad state wallahi
It’s more Bollywood than Turkish television.some of the women in my family are obesser with Bollywood they don’t bleach though 😭😭.My youngest auntie Especially 😭😭😭

Walahi spot on. Pajeet films dubbed in Somali are big especially in Mogadishu. I almost developed a taste for that shit whilst I lived there. Watched so much fanproj with a cousin it helped improve my afsomali :dead:

Trading health for so called beauty! May Allah help these people.

Besides these topical whitening products, they ingest medications that are very serious to get the side effect of weight gain. As if that weight gain is the only possible side effect they’re getting.

Men may give more validation to the one who bleaches but maybe that same group is more likely to be behaving in attention seeking ways. Niman gaajeesan with no self respect imo give attention to any women willing to perform for them.

I saw a trend of west African women who stopped bleaching and their skin reverted back to its original color. Hope these ladies follow suit in the next coming years.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
The Somali beauty industry is getting out of hand:

They’re using these untested and unapproved products from China and are peeling their skin to make themselves light skin:

View attachment 342450

Some of these products are doing this:

View attachment 342451

Then you have the before and after of certain influencers which I don’t want to post. They go from very dark to now very light and many of them made their wealth via selling these creams and presenting it as beauty and ‘ilbaax’. These light skin influencers are lusted over by fob men and well and are presented as the ideal beauty, so whilst the fault lies with the women, you cannot deny that fob men like and prefer lighter skin women.

Seeing this shocked the hell out me. Also, a common saying back home is ‘doqon iyo habeen baa madow’. Meaning only night and foolish woman is black.
Xaax
Her skin is ripped up

The sick dowlad ku sheeg, should be the one to ban this, and pump the entire country full of images of Dark and Maariin beauties. The goal should be to teach people about healthy skincare, and that beautiful skin, is healthy skin. But, allowing people to watch Bollywood, Arabwood, Turkwood, and also allowing their illegals to migrate to our country? Good luck Somalia.

Bleached skin looks awful. It's not even attractive. I heard that the ladies who bleach stink really bad. The bleach causes ulcers and wounds to appear on the skin, causing smelly skin infections.

Somalis never ever had anything against dark skin. In fact it was seen as beautiful on women and handsome on men.

This is a new development caused by western influences.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
The truth is these women hate midibka Ilaahay siiyey, people, oddly enough, like to blame the seller while ignoring the fiend-like behavior of the consumers.

I also don’t understand this new mentality that "these women are victims who don’t know better and are influenced by ajnabi TV shows." If that's all it takes for you to buy skin-damaging products just to look like people you see on TV, then the blame is on you for lacking common sense. Many of these women know the risks of using these products but still choose to buy them because looking more lighter is more important to them than their health.

And what is the government doing? How can you call yourself a government when you can't even ban these skin-damaging products nationwide? They are spreading across the country like wildfire and causing all sorts of health issues. It’s not hard to make a swift decision on this matter. They are quick to arrest anyone who speaks ill of them online but can’t ban a product that is damaging to their own citizens. These siyaasiyiin don't even put effort into protecting their own citizens when it comes to these issues, a bunch of calool u shaqayste yaal.

Latest posts