Somali girl posts highest grade in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Mashallah

A society that neglects fully half of their population/labor force/human capital will never prosper.

Yes and also high on a little cocaine.

:browtf:

I make positive threads sometimes when I am not seeking any hits and views at the moment.

Apollo

VIP
What foreign languages are mandatory in Somalia's high school system?

Do they still booty clap Italian?

I think Arabic is on equal footing with English in Somalia, if not more important.

Italian could still be useful, because if you learn Italian then French or Spanish become very easy.

No one speaks Arabic back home. The second language over there is English

Apollo

VIP
No one speaks Arabic back home. The second language over there is English

Arabic is more popular than English in Somalia.

Anyhow, only a small percentage is competent in either of those languages. Generally people in Somalia are more exposed to Middle Eastern media than Western media.

Arabic is more popular than English in Somalia.

Anyhow, only a small percentage is competent in either of those languages. Generally people in Somalia are more exposed to Middle Eastern media than Western media.

Most of the youth there can speak some English in the cities.

I think Arabic is on equal footing with English in Somalia, if not more important.

Italian could still be useful, because if you learn Italian then French or Spanish become very easy.
Some do, but they are the ones who got a formal education. Shameful that education in relation to Arabic atleast in Somalia has gone backwards from the Middle Ages. I blame the Colonists

most Somalis in Somalia have a basic understanding of Arabic and can read it. hell if they have TV, they most likely watch egyptian/ UAE shows on a daily basis. hell even Turkish shows are popular over there, English is mainly found in the coastal areas. but it is not as remotely as common as Arabic or as popular as Turkish.

Apollo

VIP
most Somalis in Somalia have a basic understanding of Arabic and can read it. hell if they have TV, they most likely watch egyptian/ UAE shows on a daily basis. hell even Turkish shows are popular over there, English is mainly found in the coastal areas. but it is not as remotely as common as Arabic or as popular as Turkish.

Somalia should abandon English. It's not even that important in the region it is situated.

I hate seeing English loanwords in Somali. It just doesn't fit. I don't mind if more Arabic loanwords were used, as that is at least an Afro-Asiatic language and sounds similar to Somali.

Somalia should abandon English. It's not even that important in the region it is situated.

I hate seeing English loanwords in Somali. It just doesn't fit. I don't mind if more Arabic loanwords were used, as that is at least an Afro-Asiatic language and sounds similar to Somali.
Also most of their foreign contact are with Arabic speakers. makes zero sense to try and learn English at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts