Somali YouTubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
These Somali YouTubers are getting annoying af. Especially the ones with ajanabi husbands. Why do they feel the need to show us their husbands? Did we ask to see your husbands? Talking about husband tag. These ethnicity tags are also getting annoying. Every Somali chick is on youtube now talking about "Hi guys I'm Somali". we know you're Somali. :drakewtf: Even old fob xalimos are on youtube now talking about uunsi iyo sida egg mask timaha lo mariyo. :drakewtf:

VixR

Veritas
Then stop watching them. I for one like seeing Somalis out there. It's not like I seek em out, but it's nice to run into, and the variety.

Reign

VIP
Then stop watching them. I for one like seeing Somalis out there.
Only if they're being useful. They should be happy I'm watching them and giving them views. I only like about 2 Somali youtubers who are actually interesting and have a personality.

VixR

Veritas
Only if they're being useful. They should be happy I'm watching them and giving them views. I only like about 2 Somali youtubers who are actually interesting and have a personality.
I say let em do their thing. Somalis r too unnecessarily harsh on their own. I don't follow Youtubers, but once in a while a video from a Somali Youtuber will make it's way to me.

They're still relatively new to the scene, and I suspect the reason they tend to stick to certain themes is bc they're not willing to pit their lives out there like typical cadans and other ethnicities on YT. Our community doesn't afford them that freedom, everyone and their mothers will be on 'em like white on rice for every little thing they say or do. They get heat from some for beauty videos for crying out loud.

Reign

VIP
I say let em do their thing. Somalis r too unnecessarily harsh on their own. I don't follow Youtubers, but once in a while a video from a Somali Youtuber will make it's way to me.

They're still relatively new to the scene, and I suspect the reason they tend to stick to certain themes is bc they're not willing to pit their lives out there like cadans and other ethnicities. Our community doesn't afford them that freedom, everyone and their mothers will be on 'em like white on rice for every little thing they say or do.
They already put on enough for them to be judged on though. Also if you dont want to be judged dont be a youtuber. They don't have to get personal but make interesting topics. Its like they all copy each other. Have you noticed the big youtubers all have their own style and personalities. All these Somali youtubers just feel so generic to me.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I'm close friends with a Somali YouTuber, he's got like almost 40k subs, most of his content is gaming related and not many Somalis
know about it. I mean if they did first thing they'd do would be to reveal a picture of the dude without his permission.
:damedamn:

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
The infamous Somali Youtubing pioneer Muhubo has all a sudden stopped making videos.

my aunt was asking me to set up a youtube account for her so she can show off her cooking skills. the maskiin can't cook to save her life. she overdoses everything with spices and calls it a "recipe".

Status
Not open for further replies.