Something I've noticed within the Diaspora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Somalis in Europe excel the ones in North America when it comes to fashion and deportment

I've noticed reer Mareykan dress like they're still in the refugee camps of Kenya, while their youth fall victims to African American culture with the whole sagging your pants gait iyo wax aan la arag. Hardly see anything in between

Meanwhile reer Europe have adopted a sophisticated look while still keeping their Somali culture intact.

Anyone else observed this?

waraabe

Your superior
To be fair, Minneapolis is a refugee camp. Reer dadaab live there

Reer Canada are stylish too

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
I've noticed reer Marekan either dress like they don't know how to color coordinate or they appropriated the urban dress style of African Americans where baggy clothes are the norm.

Why do Somalis in Europe excel the ones in North America when it comes to fashion and deportment

I've noticed reer Mareykan dress like they're still in the refugee camps of Kenya, while their youth fall victims to African American culture with the whole sagging your pants gait iyo wax aan la arag. Hardly see anything in between

Meanwhile reer Europe have adopted a sophisticated look while still keeping their Somali culture intact.

Anyone else observed this?
The clothes are cheaper in Europe than North America they have Primark..,,etc we don't have that option in NA

Because they are concerned with more important things in life. Like paying Rent/Mortgage, bills, tuition, etc than worry about making a fashion statement.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
remember this shit :lol:

Streetwear-05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.