Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
There are more Somalis in the UK than in whole of the USA. Canadian Somalis are a tiny population of less than 40,000 compared to the 150,000 Somalis in the UK. Europe has more Somalis than North America.

There are more Somalis in the UK than in whole of the USA. Canadian Somalis are a tiny population of less than 40,000 compared to the 150,000 Somalis in the UK. Europe has more Somalis than North America.

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said Somalis are 300,000 in Canada

“I think it would be certainly be a goal and objective of mine in the coming years to see the Canadian flag flying over Mogadishu. I think one of the ties that bind us are the 300,000 plus Canadians of Somali descent,” said Baird.

What does the census say? Honestly I'd feel better the higher the number because terribly worried that we're facing extinction.

Census means nothing. Somalis don't fill it out.

Somalis are very powerful politically in Canada. Foreign Minister said we are 300,000.

The same Foreign Affairs Minister I quoted had a Leelkase CHIEF OF STAFF in the ministry of Foreign Affairs. The most powerful person in his office.

Are Somalis in the UK that prominent? I didn't think so. You have absolutely no presence in UK politics.

Hubble

VIP
Census means nothing. Somalis don't fill it out.

Somalis are very powerful politically in Canada. Foreign Minister said we are 300,000.

The same Foreign Affairs Minister I quoted had a Leelkase CHIEF OF STAFF in the ministry of Foreign Affairs. The most powerful person in his office.

Are Somalis in the UK that prominent? I didn't think so. You have absolutely no presence in UK politics.

In the UK it's a public duty to fill out the census.

I was only comparing figures. In the UK only upper class people are allowed into power and they all go to the same schools too. Successful middle class people don't get very far in politics, regardless of their ethnic background. For the first time ever there might be a non English Mayor of London, he's of Pakistani origin. If he succeeds it might open doors for others but I doubt he'll win. There are a lot of successful Somalis in the UK though. Barristers, doctors, engineers, university lecturers among others. For a country with limited social mobility we're doing OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts