Start giving your kids Somali names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I'm tired of seeing Somlais called Ahmed Hassan Mohamed.

Watching the Euros has annoyed me. You can tell an Icelandic from a German, and a Polish from an Italian. And they're all white Christian Europeans. You won't meet an Irish person with Bonucci as a surname or a Portuguese with Sigurdsson as their surname. But you will meet millions of Somalis with surnames like Ahmed, Hussein, Mohamed, Hassan.

Yes I do know they have different naming systems to us.

Apollo

VIP
It only costs a few hundred bucks to officially change your surname. Look up the most recent Somali name in your abtiris and just use that one.

Luckily my surname is already classically Somali.

Bielsa

VIP
It only costs a few hundred bucks to officially change your surname. Look up the most recent Somali name in your abtiris and just use that one.

Luckily my surname is already classically Somali.

My surname is also very Somali as well, thank f*ck for that. My mum's side of the family are the unfortunate ones though.

Please no more Abdi, Ahmed and Mohamed..

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I'm tired of seeing Somlais called Ahmed Hassan Mohamed.

Watching the Euros has annoyed me. You can tell an Icelandic from a German, and a Polish from an Italian. And they're all white Christian Europeans. You won't meet an Irish person with Bonucci as a surname or a Portuguese with Sigurdsson as their surname. But you will meet millions of Somalis with surnames like Ahmed, Hussein, Mohamed, Hassan.

Yes I do know they have different naming systems to us.

But youll meet a Portugese David and a French Sarah, an English Thomas and an Italian Michaela

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Lol my given name and surname are both authentic Somali. Funny thing is Somalis don't even believe me when I tell them Barni is Somali it's only the older generation

We do have a huge problem with arabization of our culture.

Hafez

VIP
Every Muslim community in the world give their children names like Ahmed, Omar, Muhammad, Abu bakr, Ali, etc. it's because these specific names are the names of the companions of the Prophet (SAW). It has nothing to do with Arabization.

You will never see Somalis adopt Arab names like Hisham, Thabit, Udayy, Hatim, etc. I literally have these names in my abtirsi.

It's similar to Westerners adopting names of famous Hebrew Prophets and biblical names like John, Daniel, Joshua, Michael, Jonah, Joseph, etc.

Hafez

VIP
:dzmxmmb::dzmxmmb:

Even the goddamn Pakistanis are all Khans.
Look at the Pakistani football team. Every single one of them either have an Arabic first name or surname or both. Names like Omar, Uthmaan, Abdullah are selected by Muslim communities all over the world because they are the names of famous companions, not because they are Arab names. Heck, I know a Bosnian Muslim with the name Umar Abdullah Hassan (not in that particular order though).

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I really don't care, I want Somali names for Somali people before we turn into Sudan

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Lol my given name and surname are both authentic Somali. Funny thing is Somalis don't even believe me when I tell them Barni is Somali it's only the older generation

We do have a huge problem with arabization of our culture.

Can i start calling you Barni Grumble?

@Bielsa im messing with you, i have names in my family that will drive you mad, not Cumar and Axmed, im related to people with names like Nuradeen, Mucaad, Imran :lol:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
My favorite Somali names. I might name my kids these inshallah.
Baxsan
Beydaan
Habon
Hodman
Idman
Johoro
Yusur
Awo
Abyan
Absame
Ayaanle
Cagmadhiige
Caynashe
Diriye
Garaad
Heybe
Jimcaale
Kenaadid
Nuraadiin
Shirwaac

Bielsa

VIP
My favorite Somali names. I might name my kids these inshallah.
Baxsan
Beydaan
Habon
Hodman
Idman
Johoro
Yusur
Awo
Abyan
Absame
Ayaanle
Cagmadhiige