Surah Yusuf Verse 70, 71 & 72

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Surah Yusuf speaks of course mostly of the famous story of Yusuf pbuh and his Jealous Brothers. My point of discussion is verse 70 71 72 of the Surah.

Ayat 70. So when he had furnished them forth with their provisions, he put the (golden) bowl into his brother's bag, then a crier cried: "O you (in) the caravan! Surely, you are thieves!"

Ayat 71. They, turning towards them, said: "What is it that you have missed?"

Ayat 72. They said: "We have missed the (golden) bowl of the king and for him who produces it is (the reward of) a camel load; I will be bound by it."

Isn't it interesting that Yusuf pbuh uses a trick to hold the body of his brother as a ransom? He would NEVER have done it without the permission of Allaah swt of course. Allaahu Yaclum of course.

So the idea that they placed a bowl in the young mans bags and accused him of stealing- wrongly is really glaring. Almost NOT the stuff of Prophetic action.

Perhaps in my interpretation is -that -the road to reform for his slave is not always "clean & Moral"!

I am curious to ask Why did God not use his usual way of inspiring to achieve a result which was to bring his grieving father Yacub pbuh to Egypt.? Was this trick necessary? By the way- the lie only affects the brothers and their father. I am sure the younger brother was immediately informed by his brother immediately.

Another uncomfortable trick used in the Surah is- the women who judged the offending wife of Aziz who wanted to rape Yusuf pbuh. Curiously Allaah swt did not punish this woman for her crimes. Crime #1 attempting rape. Crime # 2 Liying and accusing Yusuf pbuh. Crime # 3 Cheating of her powerful husband Aziz.

Instead- God rebukes the women who judged her. God proved a point in the surah. Judge not lest you be Judged.

The Women who laughed at the Aziz wife- were invited by her and showcased the beauty of Yusuf pbuh. and they in the processes cut themselves with the apple knife provided by this trickster Aziz wife.

Verse 30

"Some women of the city gossiped, “The Chief Minister’s wife is trying to seduce her slave-boy. Love for him has plagued her heart. Indeed, we see that she is clearly mistaken.”1

When she heard about their gossip,1 she invited them and set a banquet for them. She gave each one a knife, then said ˹to Joseph˺, “Come out before them.” When they saw him, they were so stunned ˹by his beauty˺ that they cut their hands,2 and exclaimed, “Good God! This cannot be human; this must be a noble angel!”

She said, “This is the one for whose love you criticized me! I did try to seduce him but he ˹firmly˺ refused. And if he does not do what I order him to, he will certainly be imprisoned and ˹fully˺ disgraced.

Trending

Latest posts