Taking a nap is not always good

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends. Are you taking naps longer than 30min? If you are, stop. Sleeping consists of several cycles trying to build up to deep sleep aka REM sleep, that's where we do most of our healing and growing/regrowing. You're going to feel like absolute shit if you ever wake up while your in deep sleep. You ever sleep for like 8 hours and wake up feeling like crap? That's probably what happened.

A full sleep cycle, on average, is 90min. So I always try to nap like 20min and wake up right before I enter deep sleep territory or 90min, which is just 1 sleep cycle

sleepcycle_regular_sleep.png

Lol I actually used to monitor my sleep for a bit using this app that used my phone sensors to detect whenever I entered and fell out of deep sleep. So yeah you never wanna wake up when you're nearing or in the middle of deep sleep. You gonna feel like shit all day cuz deep sleep is a really intensive process which shouldn't be interrupted.

Last edited:
It depends. Are you taking naps longer than 30min? If you are, stop. Sleeping consists of several cycles trying to build up to deep sleep aka REM sleep, that's where we do most of our healing and growing/regrowing. You're going to feel like absolute shit if you ever wake up while your in deep sleep. You ever sleep for like 8 hours and wake up feeling like crap? That's probably what happened.

A full sleep cycle, on average, is 90min. So I always try to nap like 20min and wake up right before I enter deep sleep territory or 90min, which is just 1 sleep cycle

sleepcycle_regular_sleep.png

Lol I actually used to monitor my sleep for a bit using this app that used my phone sensors to detect whenever I entered and fell out of deep sleep. So yeah you never wanna wake up when you're nearing or in the middle of deep sleep. You gonna feel like shit all day cuz deep sleep is a really intensive process which shouldn't be interrupted.
That explains it i sleept for two hours and feel shit and tired

That explains it i sleept for two hours and feel shit and tired

Lool yeah man don't do that again. If you need more than a 20min nap then go sleep for 1 sleep cycle, which is just 90min or 1 hour and 30min.

Going even past this napping shit, apply this to your sleeping habits too. Sleep for multiples of 90min. So 3 hours, 4.5 hours, 6 hours, and 7.5(the most optimal one). I'll leave this here if you're more interested in this www.sleepyti.me

Last edited:
Lool yeah man don't do that again. If you need more than a 20min nap sleep for 1 sleep cycle, which is just 90min or 1 hour and 30min.

Going even past this napping shit, apply this to your sleeping habits too. Sleep for multiples of 90min. So 3 hours, 4.5 hours, 6 hours, and 7.5(the most optimal one). I'll leave this here if you're more interested in this www.sleepyti.me
I am interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts