Thanksgiving, Hollyween, Birthdays and Baby Shower! Does ur family celebrate these deviant culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
being here I learned that there a lot of weird Somalis with weird behaviors.

VixR

Veritas
Birthdays and babyshowers are hella commonplace, especially babyshowers.

There was a period in time I remember some sheikh deeming birthdays haram, so some ppl including our family would deceptively celebrate on the day b4 or after the actual bday instead, but that soon passed at our house. Some ppl still play that :icon lol:

Some families, including mine, have thanksgiving dinners.

We were allowed to go trick or treating, but my parents never handed out treats themselves.

We always stayed home on Valentine's day in elementary school. My parents didn't like the idea of little kids being urged to write bs love-notes to each other.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Birthdays and babyshowers are hella commonplace, especially babyshowers.

There was a period in time I remember some sheikh deeming birthdays haram, so some ppl including our family would deceptively celebrate on the day b4 or after the actual bday instead, but that soon passed at our house. Some ppl still play that :icon lol:

Some families, including mine, have thanksgiving dinners.

We were allowed to go trick or treating, but my parents never handed out treats themselves.

We always stayed home on Valentine's day in elementary school. My parents didn't like the idea of little kids being urged to write bs love-notes to each other.

Maxaad ku dambeysey? Diinta ma ka baxdey :holeup::kanyehmm::ohhh::mjkkk::ohlord::ohlord:

Khaniisnimo is fine right !

The right to take your own life is cool with you right !

The right to demand people treat you like a chimpanzee is cool right ! Cause it's a human rights issue, right !

VixR

Veritas
Maxaad ku dambeysey? Diinta ma ka baxdey :holeup::kanyehmm::ohhh::mjkkk::ohlord::ohlord:

Khaniisnimo is fine right !

The right to take your own life is cool with you right !

The right to demand people treat you like a chimpanzee is cool right ! Cause it's a human rights issue, right !
:what1:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Only holidays I celebrate are 6/26, 7/1, 10/21, and 4/20.

And of course eids

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

And of course eids

North Somalia freedom 6-26

South Somalia freedom 7-1

The day habaar ka ku dhacay Somalia 10-21

Maalinta @Bahal baarta daaqo 4-20

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Birthdays when we were younger, baby showers are done by the younger generation and my parents had no problem with us going to trick treating on Halloween.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

And of course eids

Only holidays I celebrate are 8/1, Canada Day, the two eids, my birthday, my anniversary, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Remembrance Day, NYE, and Boxing Day.

And of course Christmas, Yom Kippur and Mawlid.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Only holidays I celebrate are 8/1, Canada Day, the two eids, my birthday, my anniversary, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Remembrance Day, NYE, and Boxing Day.

And of course Christmas, Yom Kippur and Mawlid.

:hova:

Gaalo raac to the max

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Halloween and Birthdays are pagan traditions. Baby showers are normal to be honest, it is good to give gifts to someone that is expecting a baby. I know Somalis in Australia and New Zealand use public holidays to organise their own get togethers but don't celebrate these public holidays. I genuinely doubt that many people practice holidays, and if they did their family and friends would probably tell them off lol.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Wait Somalis don't do baby showers? My mom told me she used to have baby showers in Somalia. It's called Kuur or something like that, they would host breakfast and lunch for wadaads to make dua and then in the afternoon all the ladies would get together. Baby showers are not Dambi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.