That Somali within us all (that moment you have a Somali serving you at a cafe shop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I swear we are inherently good people.

It's my second experience where a Somali bro/ sis would go beyond the call of duty where they upgrade your cup or insert more cream and more good stuff.

Allow noo da somalideyna :salute:

Have u had such a experience ?

I imagine that Bus drivers in London allow gaajos like @Xayd and Waraabe ride freely :russ::mjlol::lolbron:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Whenever I go to Somali restaurants, the guys in line insist on paying for my meal. I always tell them they don't have to. And one server at Quruxlow restaurant I won't say which location, always always always hooks me up with free xalwa, or if there are a lot of people around, he would give a 20 dollar worth for 5 dollars. Somalis are not greedy, Wallahi if someone is in line with me and their cards don't work, I always offer to pay whether I know them or not.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I don't go to somali restaurants so I can't comment I guess they are good judging from external comments however I rarely eat out hence why I'm in shape this eating out culture is the exact cuase for the rise of obesity.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I imagine that Bus drivers in London allow gaajos like @Xayd and Waraabe ride freely :russ::mjlol::lolbron:
The contrary, when I was younger (moryaan days) I jumped on a bus being driven by a Somali and just flashed a fake ticket and took a seat, nigga turned the engine off, popped the door open and walked all the way back. I slipped through the fire exit and dipped it, shit was too embarrassing he was trying to give me an L ceremony in front of all the ajanabi.

The Somali bus drivers are much nicer they don't give a fuuq they give you a nod and you slip through.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Whenever I go to Somali restaurants, the guys in line insist on paying for my meal. I always tell them they don't have to. And one server at Quruxlow restaurant I won't say which location, always always always hooks me up with free xalwa, or if there are a lot of people around, he would give a 20 dollar worth for 5 dollars. Somalis are not greedy, Wallahi if someone is in line with me and their cards don't work, I always offer to pay whether I know them or not.

I know you have a terrible gaajo impression about me but not that long ago while in line in a non-Somali establishment a Somali dude I was behind in line to pay had a card problem and I stepped next to him and told the clerk "I'll take care of it "

It was only $5:browtf:

The Kurdish owned restaurant nearby where I live always give me discounts on food and let's me just put it on my fathers tab If I don't have money on me. True Somalinimo knows no bounds

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The contrary, when I was younger (moryaan days) I jumped on a bus being driven by a Somali and just flashed a fake ticket and took a seat, nigga turned the engine off, popped the door open and walked all the way back. I slipped through the fire exit and dipped it, shit too embarrassing he was trying to give me an L ceremony in front of all the ajanabi.

The Somali bus drivers are much nicer they don't give a fuuq they give you a nod and you slip through.
Non law abiding citizens should be punished severely your a curse for ever displaying signs of disrespect ro authority

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
you know damn well is the lake street one:bell:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Non law abiding citizens should be punished severely your a curse for ever displaying signs of disrespect ro authority
Before I didn't think it used to be ceeb since I didn't give a shit but as I got older and I see other youth doing it :mjlol:

I still do it sometimes, the bus fares here are fucking retarded :bell:
What I usually do is go to the back of the queue and analyse how the driver is looking at the tickets.
If he's cadaan it's usually a 40% chance of him checking it, Jamaican = 60%, African/Asian (Ummah) = 30%

The worst thing here is that over here we dodge fares so much they have bus inspectors and they fine you if they catch you, so you gotta have some next addresses, names, DOBs inside your head.

Driver: Name, age, address etc.
Me: Abdulfatah Abdikareem Mohamed ~ (give friends postcode +different door number)

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Before I didn't think it used to be ceeb since I didn't give a shit but as I got older and I see other youth doing it :mjlol:

What I usually do is go to the back of the queue and analyse how the driver is looking at the tickets.
If he's cadaan it's usually a 40% chance of him checking it, Jamaican = 60%, African/Asian (Ummah) = 30%

The worst thing here is that over here we dodge fares so much they have bus inspectors and they fine you if they catch you, so you gotta have some next addresses, names, DOBs inside your head.

Me: Abdulfatah Abdikareem Mohamed ~ (give friends postcode +different door number)
Gosh your so poor unable to pay for a bus ticket just pay it like every other citizen

VixR

Veritas
The only Somali restaurant I've been to was in NY (Safari Restaurant). The service was great, and our hostess was awesome. She gave us a free side, which we shared, and milked the cadan people eating in the restaurant for all they were worth. After they'd eaten a boatload of bariis and all kinds of other entrees she'd sold them on, homegirl asked them if they wanted "dessert". The so-called "Somali dessert" was sabayad with nuts glazed over with honey and powdered sugar :yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe:

The food was superb, tho! I think I still have a picture of our plates...
image.jpeg

shii they got inspectors over here too lol. I've never been approached by one tho thankfully

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The only Somali restaurant I went to was in NY(Safari). The service was great, and our hostess was awesome. She gave us a free side, which we shared, and milked the cadan people eating in the restaurant for all they were worth. After they'd eaten a boatload of bariis and all kinds of other entrees she'd sold them on, homegirl asked them if they wanted "dessert". The so-called "Somali dessert" was sabayad with nuts glazed over with honey and powdered sugar :yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe:

The food was superb, tho! I think I still have a picture of our plates...View attachment 5464
Ugh I feel sick

Gibiin-Udug

I know you have a terrible gaajo impression about me but not that long ago while in line in a non-Somali establishment a Somali dude I was behind in line to pay had a card problem and I stepped next to him and told the clerk "I'll take care of it "

It was only $5:browtf:
5 dollars? What would you do if it was 40 or 50 bucks?

Gibiin-Udug

The only Somali restaurant I've been to was in NY (Safari Restaurant). The service was great, and our hostess was awesome. She gave us a free side, which we shared, and milked the cadan people eating in the restaurant for all they were worth. After they'd eaten a boatload of bariis and all kinds of other entrees she'd sold them on, homegirl asked them if they wanted "dessert". The so-called "Somali dessert" was sabayad with nuts glazed over with honey and powdered sugar :yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe:

The food was superb, tho! I think I still have a picture of our plates...View attachment 5464
Try their Kay-Kay at Safar, it is spending, they also have it veggie Kay-Kay, chicken, beef streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.