The creativity of African Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country Music, Rock n Roll, Disco, Techno/House, HipHop, Rnb, Soul, Blues, Funk, Gospel,Trap(Lol), Ebonics, Break dancing, Stepping, Break dancing, Soul food and so many others. All this created by an oppressed group in racist country where they were set to fail. I marvel at what these people created. The most powerful cultural group in the world, they dictate global culture especially youth culture and are the most “coolest” people in the world.

Utmost respect to these people.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Their mark on humanity is actually particularly unique and once they achieve complete equality with their fellow Americans, they will have pushed beyond the pejorative shackles of Slavery into a distinct ethnic group with high rates of scientific literacy and entertainment prowess.

Being real though, at some point they need to drop the African part. They are an entirely distinct ethnic group and while their enslavement and ties to Africa can't be overlooked, I genuinely think it's holding them back. It was thrown onto them, they ought to shed it and stand tall as one of the most successful non-white ethnic groups.

I respect & admire these 2 heroes (AUN)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Their mark on humanity is actually particularly unique and once they achieve complete equality with their fellow Americans, they will have pushed beyond the pejorative shackles of Slavery into a distinct ethnic group with high rates of scientific literacy and entertainment prowess.

Being real though, at some point they need to drop the African part. They are an entirely distinct ethnic group and while their enslavement and ties to Africa can't be overlooked, I genuinely think it's holding them back. It was thrown onto them, they ought to shed it and stand tall as one of the most successful non-white ethnic groups.

So you want us to just say we're American?
We're not, white people are euro-american, do they say that no....because they don't like European even though they come from them.

We come from Africa, we are African-Americans, our ancestors fought for that so we owe it to them, that's what they would want.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
We're not, white people are euro-american, do they say that no....because they don't like European even though they come from them.

We come from Africa, we are African-Americans, our ancestors fought for that so we owe it to them, that's what they would want.

Was it not a moniker created by those white colonists, though? Also as it stands there are first gen African Americans (who immigrated from Africa recently) with varying paradigms far removed from African Americans born and raised there for centuries.

I was going to say black Americans as the primary tag. Again it really isn't my call in the slightest. Just an outsider perspective for a growing, more interconnected world.

Also yeah white people in your country don't say they're European American. Wouldn't that be a claim for why distinct ethnic groups can change their identification over time, though?

Yes but.....they fought against the British win their independence from Europe so they say American to distance themselves.

With us, we never went to war with africans, we were taken against our will. For us to just say we're American would be spitting in our ancestors faces that endured slave ships, raps, hanging, beating, daily torture.....too much was fought for we could never turn our backs on them.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

Loool, you are funny man. Leave africa alone and enjoy america, you worked hard for it as slaves and now you want to hand it to the Europeans and claim a land that sold you off 500 years ago.

You are the greatest engineers of all time dude, congrats.

It's not about claiming
Loool, you are funny man. Leave africa alone and enjoy america, you worked hard for it as slaves and now you want to hand it to the Europeans and claim a land that sold you off 500 years ago.

You are the greatest engineers of all time dude, congrats.

It's not about claiming a land, it's about the people that came from it against their will, not necessarily Africa. America is as much our land as it is their's however we still "black" Americans....we are black first....Americans second.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
It's not about claiming a land, it's about the people that came from it against their will, not necessarily Africa. America is as much our land as it is their's however we still "black" Americans....we are black first....Americans second.
What does being American mean? The true Americans are the Native Indians, but the whites conquered the land and with the blood and sweat of Black Americans they built the nation knows as the United States of America. What does being "black first" actually mean and how does it actually affect your life? It seems like a fancy statement that sounds good only.

Being black first
What does being American mean? The true Americans are the Native Indians, but the whites conquered the land and with the blood and sweat of Black Americans they built the nation knows as the United States of America. What does being "black first" actually mean and how does it actually affect your life? It seems like a fancy statement that sounds good only.

I'm black first because that's how I'm viewed, no one looks at AA's as Americans first, we're viewed as black. When I was little I was viewed as a black child, I've been called by my teacher in 4th grade for absolutely no reason at all. We don't get the same treatment or equal opportunity as other Americans due to our skin tone. So yes we built a nation but in the eyes of Americans that means nothing, we had to fight everything, the right to read, vote, jobs, affirmative action, if we're viewed as just being American like everyone else we would not have had to fight everything we have.......but we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending