the diaspora question

are diasporas necessary? does a country ever gets good (enough) to wait that much time to return? does every poor ethnicity need to be like jews dreaming of a homeland? answer in good faith pls i want to see opinions about this

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
are diasporas necessary? does a country ever gets good (enough) to wait that much time to return? does every poor ethnicity need to be like jews dreaming of a homeland? answer in good faith pls i want to see opinions about this

Tbh all of the countries I could think of usually had an educated population at the time and were never really in the same position as Somalia.

Our diaspora would basically have to do a lot more heavy lifting compared to other successful diasporas.

Taiwan for example attracts a lot of diaspora engineers by offering a variety of things such as financial incentives like tax breaks and grants so they could build start ups. They're even willing to give out funding to diasporan engineers interested in research and development.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
I'm honestly not expecting most our stem bros in the west to move back home anytime soon. Especially our American engineers and doctors.

Maybe when they retire in their mid 50 and 60s.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Diaspora born or raised are not gonna be able to do anything major in Somalia/somaliweyn in the coming 10-15 years. The political landscape needs to calm down first.

Meanwhile we should stay in the west to accumulate wealth and knowledge. After we have done this, we can then be a good influence. For this to eventually to work, the diaspora needs to organise. There should be a worldwide somali diaspora organisation lead by diaspora folks who would connect professionals.

Imo, the most useful knowledge back home would be anything related to trades. For example, I know electricitians who have gone back and tought couple guys the trade. They then open a company and make a killing. STEM guys can come later, the country needs mass employment that only xamaali jobs will produce.

If the diaspora accumulate wealth, we can potentially finance factories. My dream would be for the rich diaspora guys to kickstart the industrialisation of Somalia.

I have had conversations in real life, where diaspora born people want to help out Somalia. There will be a large segment of the diaspora who will be attached to their homeland and yearn to return one day. I am one of them.

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
Diaspora are the enemy of Somalia they always spreed harmful a true stereotype. They are loyal to thier gaal countries and will betray Somalia. I will create a manifesto soon and in it I will explain how to deal with them.

Diaspora are the enemy of Somalia they always spreed harmful a true stereotype. They are loyal to thier gaal countries and will betray Somalia. I will create a manifesto soon and in it I will explain how to deal with them.
yeah seeing diasporas being in teams representing nations that they only live in because of economic issues deeply irked me, and i think it's cucked behaviour. they should at least be sterilized.

Trending

Latest posts