The Ethiopian 🇪🇹 government announced the discovery of 20 billion cubic meters of natural gas reserves in the Somali region/ Ogaden. Blood diamonds 🩸

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger
0811EF27-55C6-42D2-8C8E-1FFED5E9DB27.jpeg

Ethiopia wants to loot the Somali region Ogaden/Galbeed, after they waged a 12 years long genocide in Ogaden from 2006-2018 to combat ONLF.

ethiopia only wants the land the resources like Gas and Oil and the sea coast of the Somalis, but Ethiopia 🇪🇹 doesn’t want the Somali people 💔

Last edited:

EritreanPost_

This is old news I think. Lmao, ONLF drove the Ethiopians and the Chinese workers out of the oil field last time
The Ethiopias military intervention in Ogaden ended in 2018, after tplf was dethroned and Onlf were allowed to come back to Ogaden.

but announcement of the 20 billion cubic meters of gas are actually

Ethiopia is planning to export those gas reserves

Every time they try to export it the US ends it. The US has sabotaged all attempts and now they are in brics it won’t even be a remote possibility. The only partner they‘ll find is china and they have a history of getting killed in the region and to export they would have to go through Somali territory which is even easier to sabotage.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Its closer to 200 billion from what i remember.

I doubt it will be drilled I dont think SR will ever be safe enough for long gas pipelines. At this point I wouldnt be opposed to its drilling with the TPLF gone we’d likely see a 50/50 split of the revenue which will rapidly improve the region.

EritreanPost_

If the Somali people benefit then it’s fine. But that’s unlikely to happen.

the Ethiopian state doesn’t care about lifes of the Somalis? Have you seen any Somali PM/ DP PM? Or any Somali running the army?

nothing. But Somalis were caught between war and bloodshed in Galbeed due to the TPLF invasion/intervention until 2018.

somali inhabited lands like Dire Dawa and others were incorporated into Oromia.

oromos and others setting into somali inhabited lands.

and the ongoing Afar-Somali war, which has escalated especially after the speech on the Redsea and Ethiopias Mou with Somaliland

EritreanPost_

@Wonyluvr @Pastoralist @CABDULWALI XASAN. @Khaemwaset

blood diamonds 🩸💔. It really reminds me
of the song by Kanye West on the blood diamond of Sierra Leone.

What Ethiopia does to the Somali people to grab Somalis lands and natural resources and habitat/environment of the Somali people , is no different

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Its closer to 200 billion from what i remember.

I doubt it will be drilled I dont think SR will ever be safe enough for long gas pipelines. At this point I wouldnt be opposed to its drilling with the TPLF gone we’d likely see a 50/50 split of the revenue which will rapidly improve the region.
50/50 with this mad man in charge? noway

That natural gas being exploited is probably the worst thing that could happen in Ethiopia. It'll cause unprecedented foreign corporations meddling, new wars, mass corruption, environmental degradation, etc.

All that with the likelihood of the Oromo using that wealth to cement their rule in Ethiopia and do whatever they want. They will full throttle their agendas.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
No wonder these goons begged gaajo UK for the Somali region.

The first exploration in the basin was undertaken by Standard Oil in 1920[2] More recent exploration by Tenneco resulted in the discovery of an estimated 68 million cubic metres (2.4 billion cubic feet) of gas in 1974.[2] Development of the reserves in the basin's Jeexdin and Elale gas fields is being carried out by the Gazoil Ethiopia Project, a joint-venture partnership between the government of Ethiopia and Texas-based Sicor announced in December 1999.[1][2]

The basin has been divided into 21 blocks,[4] and exploration rights have been awarded for many of them. Companies with concessions in the basin include Netherlands registered Pexco Exploration, Petronas (Malaysia), Lundin East Africa (Sweden), SouthWest Energy Ltd. (Hong Kong), and Afar Explorer (USA).[3]

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
If the Somali people benefit then it’s fine. But that’s unlikely to happen.

the Ethiopian state doesn’t care about lifes of the Somalis? Have you seen any Somali PM/ DP PM? Or any Somali running the army?

nothing. But Somalis were caught between war and bloodshed in Galbeed due to the TPLF invasion/intervention until 2018.

somali inhabited lands like Dire Dawa and others were incorporated into Oromia.

oromos and others setting into somali inhabited lands.

and the ongoing Afar-Somali war, which has escalated especially after the speech on the Redsea and Ethiopias Mou with Somaliland
No doubt Ethiopia is our greatest enemy but even aside from quality of life a huge limiting factor to SRs previous insurgencies was that Somalis have no taxable income. It was easy to flush an insurgencys funds if theres only one taxable road which is what the tplf wanted to maintain.

This is probably why you also only ever saw Ogaden rebels even though there have been many from other clans in the distant past.
50/50 with this mad man in charge? noway
There was already a law/agreement passed after 2018. Abiy has actually been wonderful for the economics of SR. Its also very difficult to pump gas and maintain long pipelines in a hostile environment if it was possible without both sides agreeing the TPLF would have done it.

Abiys more or less stated his idealogy as buying the peoples hearts instead of trying to suppress everyone. I dont think thats feasible with this much of a gap in language/religion/history long term but if we can squeeze out ~10 years of this while other regions are on fire that would be great.