The importance of af-somaali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
So i was just wondering how important you guys think learning af-Somali is.My Somali was Topsy-turvy for a large portion of my life and i couldn't say a sentence without the use of words from English.However this year has been a sort of cultural revival for me in both linguistic and cultural spheres ,i have alhamdulilah improved my somali alot in these past few months.Therefore my question that i propose today is ,how crucial would you consider being able to be articulate in Somali is and what is the best method in ensuring that you learn it as accurately as possible

Best method: have Somali friends and speak Somali with them.

90% of my friends are Somali from various Somali clans. We talk and banter in Somali. As a result, I've learnt to some extent the qaldaan accent/dialect, mudug, etc. and in return, they've learnt the Benadiri accent from me

I don't have any Somali friends at all. I'm also living away from family, so the little Somali I have is slowly disappearing. It's also really hard to add more words to my vocab since there arn't any accurate Somali to english dictionaries or vice versa.

But yeah I find it really important, how can I ever go back to my homeland if Europe goes completely breasts up if I don't know my own mother tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.