The lesbian rapper who escaped forced marriage in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a link of this story from the Guardian on my FB account. It seems to be removed from the Guardian, though the title is present in the URL. I am not sure if the girl asked for its removal (probably feared for her safety due to the more exposure the story will generate) or if there's any other reason, but a number of other sites cited the Guardian link and this is one of them:

960.jpg

Somali rapper and anti-FGM campaigner Berlin escaped being murdered by relatives when she was outed as a lesbian

• ‘Treat me with dignity’: Somali anti-FGM rapper Berlin – video

Until the end of last year, Berlin was leading an engaged and active life in Uganda, running successful anti-FGM programmes, competing in freestyle rap competitions and involved in LGBT rights groups. “I was changing a lot of minds,” says the 22-year-old, who prefers to be known by her first name alone. “And then some person tries to mess my life up.”

http://politics--news.com/2016/05/05/the-lesbian-rapper-who-escaped-forced-marriage-in-somalia/

This is the original link from the Guardian that has the name of the article in the URL but it's removed:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-d...rapper-who-escaped-forced-marriage-in-somalia

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
Search Somalia on google and the first article that will come up is this plus another one about growing presence of ISIS in Somalia. Bilaa caleek nimankan cadaanka maxay naga rabaan? This is all to just defame and degrade our name.

What's their angle of play here:cosbyhmm:,:browtf: walaahi these cadaan niggas push it so hard to put a stamp on you and thats it, watch ISIS take over from Alshabab in years to come, nacala abihin ku yal dhe, waar nimanku revel in the suffering and misery of others:camby:

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
What can we do to make The Guardian take down this article, they realised its a fake or whatever, so why wont they take it down and why does it have to be the first search result about Somalia?

Edit: Shit, it just came to me, I am gonna invade their twitter feed and troll the hell out of them, xaaraamiyiinta xaraamiiyintu dhashay:fredo::angryman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.