This has to be false

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking the Somali currency against the dollar and found out 1USD=600Somali Shilling.

This has to be false since the last time I came to the country, one dollar was equivalent to 32,000 somali shilling.

WTF is happening?

J

Jeffo

64e7dd1bf26711b6d502cf53bd31fe5e.gif

S

syntax

It was around 2000 shillings per 1USD when I went in 2013, when the f*ck was it 32k

S

syntax

I remember from my time there cuz the house I was staying at had a shop my eedo used to run. I taught her how to do her own accounting and I'd always do conversions before I went to the bank to exchange her shillings for USD. Didn't trust those dumbass niggas at the bank. But It was like 1900-2000 shillings = 1USD. Which makes more sense than 32k shillings. That's just severe inflation

S

syntax

Nobody uses the 500 bill shilling. It became worthless.

How dafuq can 2000 be equivalent to 1USD? Where were you converting the money from?

:mjlol::dead::dead::dead:

I just realized I'm a dumbass. I meant 20k. ur right lmaoo. Confused 20,000 and 2000 smh

S

syntax

This is really interesting tho. Seems like our currency had a huge jump in the middle of 2014. U can see it on the graph as that big vertical jump in 2014-2015. I wonder what caused that. Ever since, it's been on a very gradual increasing slope.

XBhGQIi.png

Then again, after looking at the conversion rate in 2013..it says 1USD = 1600 shillings. There's something missing here...

S

syntax

@Somali_Tycoon @Unionist I don't think XE is accurate. Or maybe the Somali Central bank doesn't follow their exchange rates. Look at the exchange rates over the past 10 years, never has it once gone higher than 2000 shillings --> 1 USD. Something isn't adding up here.

XEJPLw5.png

S

syntax

Yeah this is really suspicious. After looking at their exchange rate data over the past few years, I'd take the current 600ish one with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure that's not the actual exchange rate used back home. Who knows maybe these fucking moryaans made up their own exchange rate

S

SOMACOON

@Somali_Tycoon @Unionist I don't think XE is accurate. Or maybe the Somali Central bank doesn't follow their exchange rates. Look at the exchange rates over the past 10 years, never has it once gone higher than 2000 shillings --> 1 USD. Something isn't adding up here.

XEJPLw5.png

I don't know whether this is 100 or not, but the internet speaks otherwise.
1.00 USD = 598.444 SOS US DollarSomali Shilling
1 USD = 598.444 SOS 1 SOS = 0.00167100 USD
Seems legit so far....

S

syntax

I don't know whether this is 100 or not, but the internet speaks otherwise.
1.00 USD = 598.444 SOS US DollarSomali Shilling
1 USD = 598.444 SOS 1 SOS = 0.00167100 USD
Seems legit so far....

My bad I cut off a lot from that screenshot, heres a better one.

eJKy27M.png

Sxb what I meant was, look at the data pre-2010. The graph is set to show how many somali shillings per 1USD, as noted at the top of the graph.. Look at 2015 and then look at the last point on the graph. Just a smudge above 500 on the y-axis, denoting the current exchange rate which u mentioned. Now look at the exchange rate in 2009 (around 1350-1400ish) and then again at 2006 (around 1700). Theres no way 1 USD was 1700 somali shillings in 2007. That's why I think we are missing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts