This will only happen to me. FML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen Carawelo

So I called in sick for work today. I wanted to clean my car, get an oil change,rotate the tires. So I always go to this really nice garage. It's called Bobby and Steve's in Eden prairie. It's a 3 level garage/gas station/diner. I got a hot chocolate, went upstairs with my laptop in the waiting area. The waiting is really clean and nice. Anyways, I start replying to emails. And guess who taps my shoulder, my boss's wife. She was also getting an oil change, so I'm like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. So I smile and we sat down and talked, she was mainly complaining about her Mexican babysitter. Guess who texted her when we were sitting, MY BOSS. She's like I'm with _______. At this time I want to disappear. Then my boss texts me, being sarcastic. I played along. Thank god my boss is cool. If he started shit with me, I would have texted him saying I will tell your wife about your multiple Valentine flowers and chocolate run, thank god he didn't say anything else. But I was ready.

There's no rule that says you can only take your sick days when you're sick. Everyone needs a personal day or two, some people save their sick days for a vacation so there's really nothing your boss can do so you don't need to stress it.

Q

Queen Carawelo

There's no rule that says you can only take your sick days when you're sick. Everyone needs a personal day or two, some people save their sick days for a vacation so there's really nothing your boss can do so you don't need to stress it.
I hated that I came off as a liar, even though I lied lol

But I really needed this today. I treated myself to some good lunch, shopped and enjoyed today.

My old boss who still works with us calls them "well days" and encourages her staff to take them. I don't use them though. I took advantage of coming in late though or doing errands instead of "medical appointments". Or Id just go outside for an hour and a half in the morning and chill. I told her this to establish trust and she appreciates it. Some bosses don't mind what you do as long as you complete the work required. " You're the managers of your own time" is what she always said.

But now my new boss is a Somali older abo. He peeks at my desk every morning to see if I've arrived. I'm happy for him but I don't want him as my boss. Huge micro manager. He would not be happy if I took a sick day. I think he would shout at me if he found out I misused a sick day. He's hard on me and not the cadaans to show he's not picking ethnic favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.