Tomb of Amir Nur & Sh Mohammed Khalif

IMG_0750.jpeg

Makiinad Giirgiir is a Somali term meaning the machinery of the giirgiir people, they were differents castes of peoples who ran tailors and artisans. Its right next to Gidir Magaala in the centre of town. It shows Harars foundation is tied to Karanle (Gidir)

Last edited:
The origin of Harar city comes from the subclan name Erer. Basically Harrar = Harar = Harer = Herer = Herrer = Erer

IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg
IMG_0757.jpeg
IMG_0758.jpeg

Other name of Harar is obviously Adari too. And Erer Hawiye (Gidir Rer Erer Nur) covers east Hararge sections. Also the eastern door of Harar where Richard Burton entered is called Erer Gate. Its where Amir Nur Tomb is, where Gidir Magala is, the biggest city suuq, where it goes through Makiinad Giirgiir then reaches the city centre Faras Magaala.

1721330193066.png

Here is the source of unesco essays of harar that state richard burton entered harar through here

1721330255005.png

1721330268772.png

1721330288893.png

Erer Gate is also where the tomb of Sh Muhammad Khalif is, where the Medham Alem Church is (where he was said to have been martyred) and few other monuments

This is why burton said amir nur was a brother of gragn, he met karanles who were in the vicinity of the graveyard

IMG_0175.jpeg

Did you know that Leaders of Harar chose the Eastern side of Harar for burial to show that is where they hailed from? On the Eastern side is Qundhura/Kundudo mountains where Hawiya elder is buried and researchers are suggesting js Hobat town where Imam Ahmed (AY) always sort refuge. Our grandparents left lots of clues to tell us who they were.
IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0764.png

IMG_0765.jpeg

Emeer Nuur (AU) is buried at Erer side of Harar. The name Harar/Herer itself is said to be originated from the name Erer. Also, look at the parts of Harar that are called Erer Hawiya.

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0769.jpeg

See how Babile district covered all the way to the Eastern side of Harar town? This is before the Kelil divisions. Babile was a big administration zone. Now it's divided between Harar, Oromia and the Somali Kelil/region.

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

Send the screenshots the nigga blocked me
They are all video’s taken by the family members of amir nur who are locals that live near the vicinity. Pictures are useless. Can you access X as a guest? If not then tell me your username. I will ask him to unblock you.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
They are all video’s taken by the family members of amir nur who are locals that live near the vicinity. Pictures are useless. Can you access X as a guest? If not then tell me your username. I will ask him to unblock you.
Tell him to unblock me, he has mistaken me of someone denying him when I just asked for sources
Screenshot_20240720-211737_X.jpg

It makes perfect sense that the name Harar comes from the name Erer which is also its river source. Weirdly enough in some sources i see it be called Karanle river.

Is it possible that the name Karanle comes from the Karan basin. Meaning ''With Karan'' ?

This is sketch of upper shebelle made by a Somali Ogaden Sheikh Adamu Bin Mahmuud from Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society 1884
bTbvBIa.png

Along with the erer gate, leadership burials, market place, the oldest mosque and everything you have lined up it points to an eastern foundation towards and connected to Somali inhabited territories.

It's not surprising given the facts that most of the trade, camel caravans carrying goods and urban crafts work was handled by Somalis as we have seen from sources in the 1800s and early 1900s.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense that the name Harar comes from the name Erer which is also its river source. Weirdly enough in some sources i see it be called Karanle river.

Is it possible that the name Karanle comes from the Karan basin. Meaning ''With Karan'' ?

This is sketch of upper shebelle made by a Somali Ogaden Sheikh Adamu Bin Mahmuud from Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society 1884
bTbvBIa.png

Along with the erer gate, leadership burials, market place, the oldest mosque and everything you have lined up it points to an eastern foundation towards and connected to Somali inhabited territories.

It's not surprising given the facts that most of the trade, camel caravans carrying goods and urban crafts work was handled by Somalis as we have seen from sources in the 1800s and early 1900s.
The rivers can have multiple names. It is known as Webi Shabelle officially with its tributaries associated with names or regions like erer, daakhato and faafan. The gates of Harar reflect its directions, Showa Gate, Erer, Sanga and Fallana etc. Erer is the name of a subclan as there are Hararge lands called Hawiye Gudde (where Hawiye conquered) Erer Gudda (where Erer conquered) and Erer Hawiya.

Shabelle river depending on what part of the river you reached had a diff name e.g in the highlands at the section of the river that meets Arussi in Imey it was known to the Arussa Oromo as Webi Karanle, in Sablaale Lower Shabelle it was called Webi Tunni etc

1721512098871.png

1721512019197.png

I will try and ask locals what the Karan part you mentioned stands for.

@killerxsmoke you have been unblocked.

@Idilinaa According to some authors, karan means heavy rains. Its known Karanle are transhumant and graze in the plains after rainfall. Karan also means a sturdy camel, banquet hoster and honour (karam).

Sh Muhammad Khalif preached and led the mosque rebuilt by the Turks but existed since Amir Nur era.

1721521952267.png

^Its talking about medham alam church, which is the church built on top of bazikh mosque was built by amir nur. We know its the mosque that sh khalifa was martyred in front of since it was the biggest mosque in the city, one of the oldest, and where the new christian rulers made into a church where selassie lived and grew up

1722104469499.png

Many references of the qubbi (tombs of saints) of Eastern Harar, the Erer Gate, can be found in Emile Foucher's 1988 book venerating the Muslim Saints of Harar. Erer Gate hosts the burial site of Sheikh Muhammad Khalif, Amir nur, Umar Ziyad, Sheikh Ahmed Izzin a descendant of Sh Nur Husayn Baliyalle, Emir Abdaal etc

1722104345298.png

Harar as the “fourth capital” of Islam, has operated as a holy place for saints since its inception under the magnificent Sheikh Abadir whose sons rode on lions according to some legends and others such as Emir Abdal, right through to the generation of Gragn and Amir Nur Mujahid, till the holiness of Sheikh Ahmed Izzin a descendant of the Bale Hawiye families of Sheikh Nur Hussein Balialle before reaching the generations of Sayid Sheikh Mohamed Khalifa the former Vizier of Harar under Egpytian Rule and his fellow Karanle successor Sayid Mohamed Nur Al Salahiya. Sayid Sheikh Khalif was martyred in the conquest of Harar known as the Battle of Chelenqo between 1883–1890 with his own sword that had his cut in half by Menelik’s forces and his church converted to the famous Madhan Alam Church in Harar City on the road between Erer Gate and the market’s “Faras Magaala” (former horse market).

1722104427565.png

1722104672289.png

The magnificent conduct of Sultan Olol Dinle stands out more and more. He is worthy of the ancient Islamic invaders of Ethiopia. In fact, being originally from Harrar, he certainly has Mohamed Gragne's blood in his veins

Trending

Latest posts