Tree of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

Still relevant till this day! Almost all those forests at the Juba river have been cut, kilned and sold to the gulf countries. All the wildlife in this short film have been decimated through poaching and hunting. Even the artistic collapsible hut has been replaced with corrugated tin sheets due to the unchecked environmental degradation. Pride of the nomads has as well taken a nosedive from a rich and sustainable past to abject poverty.

Not to mention the culture and indigenous knowledge we lost. Children looked well-fed, you can hear the birds singing unceasingly while the wild life such as oryx, elephants roam without disturbance. :francis:

VixR

Veritas
I was wondering where that was going. Dude singlehandedly cuts down a tree with an ax --> wakes up in a desert with no trees or wildlife. Seems like it was coming from an environmentalist tangent. I was disappointed there was no dialogue except the guy's prayer and one greeting. Sort of displayed some tidbits of lifestyle; daily back-breaking chores and kids in dugsi. When was it filmed?

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
I was wondering where that was going. Dude singlehandedly cuts down a tree with an ax --> wakes up in a desert with no trees or wildlife. Seems like it was coming from an environmentalist tangent. I was disappointed there was no dialogue except the guy's prayer and one greeting. Sort of displayed some tidbits of lifestyle; daily back-breaking chores and kids in dugsi. When was it filmed?

1987. This short film won 9 international film prizes.
Even though it's speechless, conveys eloquently an important msg of how deforestration leads to desertification.

Status
Not open for further replies.