Tribute to our Somali sisters!

Internet Nomad

βœͺπ™‰π™€π™€π™§π™’π™–π™­π™­π™žπ™£π™œβœͺ
This message is meant to thank Somali women for doing what they do, and we pray that Allah (SWT) will amplify their khayr.

The unacknowledged pillar of our community, the mortar holding the bricks together, the base upon which the house is constructed is the Somali woman.

First off, thank you to our mothers for fleeing chaos and fear from a place you once knew as home, in order to give us a second opportunity in a country where the language wasn't your own. However, you continued to raise healthy sons and girls who admire your bravery. In the years that we knew you, you never once cried. Now that we are adults, hooyo you can relax.

Secondly, our dear sisters we still support and admire you all in spite of the gender wars. Every time I see a Somali nurse, I smile because you completely destroyed the competitors. You set an excellent standard. You never gave the impression that it was difficult to be an elder sister whilst raise your siblings and balancing your internal life.

Now there maybe some who say this is simpish mentality. However i am not trying to get any praise from this post. I just want to congratulate our Somali sisters on the example they set.
Camila Cabello Applause GIF by The Voice

This message is meant to thank Somali women for doing what they do, and we pray that Allah (SWT) will amplify their khayr.

The unacknowledged pillar of our community, the mortar holding the bricks together, the base upon which the house is constructed is the Somali woman.

First off, thank you to our mothers for fleeing chaos and fear from a place you once knew as home, in order to give us a second opportunity in a country where the language wasn't your own. However, you continued to raise healthy sons and girls who admire your bravery. In the years that we knew you, you never once cried. Now that we are adults, hooyo you can relax.

Secondly, our dear sisters we still support and admire you all in spite of the gender wars. Every time I see a Somali nurse, I smile because you completely destroyed the competitors. You set an excellent standard. You never gave the impression that it was difficult to be an elder sister whilst raise your siblings and balancing your internal life.

Now there maybe some who say this is simpish mentality. However i am not trying to get any praise from this post. I just want to congratulate our Somali sisters on the example they set.
Camila Cabello Applause GIF by The Voice
They are very resilient Mashallah.