UFC 308: Topuria vs. Holloway

What a fight card! I have Topuria retaining the featherweight belt but would love to see him get finished because he is already an annoying little loudmouthed man having never even defended his title before. If I had to choose i'd say the fake Spaniard wannabe Topuria by knockout.

I also have Chimaev winning over Robert Whittaker but he may be rusty after his recent illness. I think he wins by decision. Whomever wins this will be first in line for a title shot against the white African wannabe from South Africa, Dricus Du Plesis.

Finally, I have Ankalaev winning by decision over Rakic. Ankalaev does not check leg kicks at all similar to Jiri, and he lost(split decision) the belt because of this in his only title fight. It will be interesting to see how he deals with leg kicks or if he has improved( I doubt it) and whether he goes to his wrestling early where he is best in the division. I think this could be the closest to an upset if Ank fights timid like he did against Jan. Ankalaev will face Pereira for the title in a highly anticipated matchup if he does win.

The rest of the fights I don't really care about. They are mostly journeymen or fighters that really don't show a ton of promise going forward. The fights I picked are really the ones that matter and they are number 1,2,3 fights on the card.

I’ve pretty much got the same picks except for the Chimaev Whittaker fight. I feel like once the fight gets past the second round is when Whittaker starts picking up steam, maybe even producing a late finish. Though I wouldn’t be suprised if Chimaev comes out on top, easily the hardest fight of the card to confidently predict.

I’ve pretty much got the same picks except for the Chimaev Whittaker fight. I feel like once the fight gets past the second round is when Whittaker starts picking up steam, maybe even producing a late finish. Though I wouldn’t be suprised if Chimaev comes out on top, easily the hardest fight of the card to confidently predict.
Yeah, he’s been sick and he never had a gas tank to begin with. He also fights like an idiot sometimes.

Trending

Latest posts