We need people like this guy back home he can Turn Deserts into Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
This looks amazing !

I remember back home there wasnt much green and there was alot of trash and plastic bags hanging

It's beautiful what he did though

This looks amazing !

I remember back home there wasnt much green and there was alot of trash and plastic bags hanging

It's beautiful what he did though
These people are farming deserts. On the other hand, our lands look like this
download.jpg
and our people die from hunger. So many Ls:mjcry:

This is not entirely applicable to Somalia as there is no real desert. We are mainly semi-arid country with some rocky and mountainous bits.

What Somalis need to learn is the Dryland farming which is farming in regions that receive about 230 mm annual rainfall. This would be Mudug, Galguduud and parts of Hiiraan. The traditional farming areas of Somalis in south and northwest receive more than 450 mm annual rainfall.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
This is not entirely applicable to Somalia as there is no real desert. We are mainly semi-arid country with some rocky and mountainous bits.

What Somalis need to learn is the Dryland farming which is farming in regions that receive about 230 mm annual rainfall. This would be Mudug, Galguduud and parts of Hiiraan. The traditional farming areas of Somalis in south and northwest receive more than 450 mm annual rainfall.

But if they can make this in the Desert shouldnt they be able to do it in any state?

For parts of Somalia such as Bari and Sool, yes. I'm just saying this is not a solution for Somalia as a whole.

Somalis faces only economic water scarcity not physical like many middle eastern countries. In fact, Somalis is 14th most groundwater abundant country out of 53 African countries. Like I said early we get lots rainfall with some regions getting as much as 900 mm a year. Water per se is not the issue. It's the organisation, attitude, resources, technology, skills, etc. that are holding Somalia from becoming food self-sufficient. If tiny Israel the size one of the smallest Somali gobol can be virtually self-sufficient, so can Somalia.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
For parts of Somalia such as Bari and Sool, yes. I'm just saying this is not a solution for Somalia as a whole.

Somalis faces only economic water scarcity not physical like many middle eastern countries. In fact, Somalis is 14th most groundwater abundant country out of 53 African countries. Like I said early we get lots rainfall with some regions getting as much as 900 mm a year. Water per se is not the issue. It's the organisation, attitude, resources, technology, skills, etc. that are holding Somalia from becoming food self-sufficient. If tiny Israel the size one of the smallest Somali gobol can be virtually self-sufficient, so can Somalia.
Interesting, got any good books or papers on it? Genuinly interested no trolling walal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts