What are y’all’s thoughts on r/progressive_islam

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Please give your honest opinions on r/progressive_islam

Be honest about your thoughts about r/progressive_islam but please stay civil. Firstly, a lot of them don't like the muslims here (r/islam) because they consider this sub conservative and are disgusted by a lot of the people here.

Not all of them, but a lot of them, sometimes most of them have questionable beliefs. Here are some:
- homosexuality and LGBT are allowed
- hijab isn't compulsory
- having a gf/bf is ok, and that nikah isn't necessary
- sometimes they give hippie vibes when talking about sex before marriage being ok, including homosex
- anal sex is halal??????
- there is no stoning in islam
- some of them don't believe in Imam Mahdi, and the Dajjal, and the second coming
- alcohol is allowed
- tattoos are allowed
- "people can do what they want" mentality
- "my body my choice"
- "love is love 💘😍🤤🥵"

And other beliefs I couldn't remember.
Many of them are Quranists.
Yes I stole this from reddit

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
I don't think subs like that and ones like r/exmuslim have majority muslims posting, i think they're larpers especially r/exmuslim

Hamzza

VIP

Be honest about your thoughts about r/progressive_islam but please stay civil. Firstly, a lot of them don't like the muslims here (r/islam) because they consider this sub conservative and are disgusted by a lot of the people here.

Not all of them, but a lot of them, sometimes most of them have questionable beliefs. Here are some:
- hijab isn't compulsory
- sometimes they give hippie vibes when talking about sex before marriage being ok, including homosex
- some of them don't believe in Imam Mahdi, and the Dajjal, and the second coming
- alcohol is allowed
- tattoos are allowed
- "my body my choice"
- "love is love 💘😍🤤🥵"

@Aurelian will perfectly fit in there

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Imam Al-Mahdi is almost non existing in Al-Muslim and Al-Bukhari Hadhiths, and it is no where in the Quran, so, in my humble conclusion, i think he is messianic figure inserted by the Shia, to ruin the deen and turn it into a tool to legitimate holified/deify a particular dynasty.

Sol

?
Love is love :mjlol:
maxresdefault.jpg

Imam Al-Mahdi is almost non existing in Al-Muslim and Al-Bukhari Hadhiths, and it is no where in the Quran, so, in my humble conclusion, i think he is messianic figure inserted by the Shia, to ruin the deen and turn it into a tool to legitimate holified/deify a particular dynasty.
He is real and he is coming.

Hamzza

VIP
1. Al Mahdi is real

2. There are many Saheeh Hadiths that are not in Bukhari and Muslim books.

3. Don't embarrass yourself again

Internet Nomad

✪͓̽W͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽t͓͓̽̽e͓͓̽̽r͓̽ ͓̽A͓͓̽̽r͓͓̽̽c͓̽✪͓̽
They are loose muslims who have very little Ghayrah for their deen

Very, very confused people. I vaguely remember a post where a Muslim women couldn’t choose between marrying an atheist guy or a ‘salafi’ and was seeking advice regarding who she should choose. To my surprise, majority of the comments were in favour of the atheist.
Never been so confused :farmajoyaab:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Very, very confused people. I vaguely remember a post where a Muslim women couldn’t choose between marrying an atheist guy or a ‘salafi’ and was seeking advice regarding who she should choose. To my surprise, majority of the comments were in favour of the atheist.
Never been so confused :farmajoyaab:
Just searched it up
spinning GIF

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda

- hijab isn't compulsory
- alcohol is allowed
- tattoos are allowed
- "my body my choice"
- "love is love 💘😍🤤🥵"

they are poor people that are super conflicted tbh. I feel sad for them. They want to "harmonize" islam and western culture, but they don't understand that what is "progressive" today may very well become regressive in a couple of decades. They portray themselves as a no-judge zone for people to state their views without any fear, but they downvote all the people that disagree with them to oblivion and call them names. I agree with 40% of the stuff they say, but most of it is directly motivated by western standards. But like a sheikh once said, they are better off being progressive muslims than they are completely leaving the religion. So, i think that reddit is useful and should be promoted in some circles.

Omar del Sur

RETIRED
VIP

Imam Mahdi isn't real? is there a sect somewhere out that believes this or are you a one-man sect of Islam?

Trending