What are your views on BLM and the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently things have been getting heated again in the United States as two Black guys have been killed by police and also the killings of 6 police officers. As you know #Blacklivesmatter was created or gained momentum after George Zimmerman was acquitted for the killing of Trayvon Martin in 2013.

According to blacklivesmatter.com - this is what they have to say:
"Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.Rooted in the experiences of Black people in this country who actively resist our dehumanization, #BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes. It goes beyond the narrow nationalism that can be prevalent within Black communities, which merely call on Black people to love Black, live Black and buy Black, keeping straight cis Black men in the front of the movement while our sisters, queer and trans and disabled folk take up roles in the background or not at all."

They believe:
  • How Black poverty and genocide is state violence.
  • How 2.8 million Black people are locked in cages in this country is state violence.
  • How Black women bearing the burden of a relentless assault on our children and our families is state violence.
  • How Black folks living with disabilities and different abilities bear the burden of state sponsored Darwinian experiments that attempt to squeeze us into boxes of normality defined by white supremacy, and that is state violence
  • How 500,000 Black people in the US are undocumented immigrants and relegated to the shadows.
  • How Black girls are used as negotiating chips during times of conflict and war.
So, what are your views on the organization? You support it? Or are you Critical?

On the police, do you believe they are in the wrong of the majority of the shootings in involving black subjects? Do you believe that white cops are racist against blacks and they target them because of their skin color? Or do you believe that cops are in the right majority of the times and there is too much race baiting and anti-police hatred? What do you think should be done with the police?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Many white officers are pure trigger happy racists.

The public, the same rednecks who are anti government and anti authority cos of "muh guns" suddenly become pro police when a black person is gunned down. Weird.

Some blacks don't help themselves by having records.

The police NEVER take responsibility doesn't help either. It's never their fault.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
They have more or less become a hate group because they have allowed some cretins to infest the message. Essentially what they stand for is people of colour being given the same rights and freedoms that white people enjoy on a day-to-day basis. The problem is they could never actually organize themselves properly. They have many shades of what I have seen in occupy wall-street and other movements.

Which sucks. Because black people in America need a movement like this.

And no I don't think white cops are innately racist, but there is such a thing as institutionalized racism and it definitely exists in America. The two-tier justice system isn't a farce.

How Black girls are used as negotiating chips during times of conflict and war.

No idea what they're talking about here. Are they extending this beyond the NA scope? Because that's ridiculous.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Tbh I dont care much about this BLM movement

Now I dont live in the US but id Imagine the problem is poverty not cops. Thugs,gang members, drugs this is what black lives matter doesn't address

I read about this little girl who got killed by a gunshot that was intended for a Gang member Where is the BLM protests Than?

Only time they show up is when a black dude gets killed by white cops

But blacks Killing each other is not a big issue I guess

They have more or less become a hate group because they have allowed some cretins to infest the message. Essentially what they stand for is people of colour being given the same rights and freedoms that white people enjoy on a day-to-day basis. The problem is they could never actually organize themselves properly. They have many shades of what I have seen in occupy wall-street and other movements.

Which sucks. Because black people in America need a movement like this.

And no I don't think white cops are innately racist, but there is such a thing as institutionalized racism and it definitely exists in America. The two-tier justice system isn't a farce.

No idea what they're talking about here. Are they extending this beyond the NA scope? Because that's ridiculous.
Interesting point of view. Can you go into "institutionalized racism" or link me studies on these matters.

Now I dont live in the US but id Imagine the problem is poverty not cops. Thugs,gang members, drugs this is what black lives matter doesn't address

I read about this little girl who got killed by a gunshot that was intended for a Gang member Where is the BLM protests Than?

I see your point. But, they(BLM) argue that cops and criminals aren't on the same level. If they believe that cops are murdering or in fact murdering blacks, shouldn't they be held to a higher standard than criminals?

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf

because that's the whole point of blm? that's a red herring that cadaan ppl like to use. u dont ask cancer or hiv awareness groups "b-but what about hepatitis and all the other diseases the body faces" do u?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM

What a stupid logic:ftw9nwa:
Just because gang violence exist (something every country in the world has) doesn't mean it justifies corrupt police hunting down civilians:ftw9nwa:
White people kill more white people than black people now if black police started targeting white people I doubt you be using the same shitty logic:ftw9nwa:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
On twitter i saw the Bloods and Crips unite in the aftermath of the shootings, anyone else saw that?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
On twitter i saw the Bloods and Crips unite in the aftermath of the shootings, anyone else saw that?

Once all this is over they're going to go right back to beefing.

49e5945ca6f2726e64d846753c32d068.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending