What did you study in University and what do you specialize in now

We make Pharmaceuticals used for Cancer Diagnostics. The machine above creates the Radio Active Isotopes for the diagnostics. I also work in another Research facility. Two jobs. All technical.

HUH? You must be smart cause I have no idea what any of that is.

Leila, more like I have good mechanical aptitude. I never felt I was too smart and collected Cs for grades LOL. The only subjects I excelled in were Electronics, Robotics and Machinery. I took biology two times to get a passing grade and failed Psychology 101 twice. Math, Chemistry and Physics were easier.

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
I’m currently doing Computer science
Ayyyy. I graduated last year. See a lot of Somali people getting into tech.
Check out somalis in tech on Linkedin.
Leila, more like I have good mechanical aptitude. I never felt I was too smart and collected Cs for grades LOL. The only subjects I excelled in were Electronics, Robotics and Machinery. I took biology two times to get a passing grade and failed Psychology 101 twice. Math, Chemistry and Physics were easier.
My dad tried to force me to become a doctor because my uncle is one but I kept getting a D- in biology so he just lost hope. Kinda made me feel bad about it tbh.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
I also wanted to be doctor but then I developed an interest for IT plus we’re heading into a more digitalized world so jobs like those are going to be high in demand.
Ayyyy. I graduated last year. See a lot of Somali people getting into tech.
Check out somalis in tech on Linkedin.

My dad tried to force me to become a doctor because my uncle is one but I kept getting a D- in biology so he just lost hope. Kinda made me feel bad about it tbh.

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
double majoring in computer science & math. would love to work as a mathematician/researcher but the pay is absolute garbage. if anyone here graduated with a math degree and is working as a researcher pls hit me up.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
double majoring in computer science & math. would love to work as a mathematician/researcher but the pay is absolute garbage. if anyone here graduated with a math degree and is working as a researcher pls hit me up.
Are you and undergraduate or graduate student?

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
senior undergrad. graduate next year :)
Nice. I'm trying to up my math only taking calc 2 rught now and plan on taking linear algebra/calc 3 over the summer. What should I do afterwards as a compsci undergrad?

Sol

?
Did Mechanical Engineering for bachelors and then an Msc in renewables. Now work as a consultant owners/independent engineer in renewables mainly solar and storage though.

Last edited:

Trending