What if Djibouti + Ogaden + Oromia formed a new country: UCR (United Cushitic Republic)?

Just dreaming here, so pardon me, but imagine?! We'd have no need for foreign troops in Djibouti (we'd give them 5 years to leave).
Oromia would produce the bulk of the food and other resources. We'd have the manpower to form a strong army.
The 3 official languages: Somali, Oromo and Afar.

Your dream is as likely as me winning the Powerball lottery jackpot of 1 billion USD
I suggest you focus on freeing Oromia from Amhara rule instead of being fixated on Somalis so much.

Last edited:
You dream is as likely as me winning the Powerball lottery jackpot of 1 billion USD
I suggest you focus on freeing Oromia from Amhara rule instead of being fixated on Somalis so much.

Oromos are short-sighted. They should have befriended Somalis and had an equally beneficial relationship, but instead they are footsoldiers for imperialist Habashis. It's their own fault that Somalis don't trust or like them anymore and want them all deported on sight.

why only unite Ogaden+oromia+djibouti in your ideal cushitic country, whats with the rest of Somaliweyn? You don't want Somali to make up the majority :mjlaugh:

He thinks we're stupid loool

The Oromos are the largest ethnic group in Ethiopia (35.8% of the population), numbering about 40 million.

Djibouti population: 1.106 million (2021)

By 2017 it is estimated that the population in the Somali Region is around 5.7 million

We know Ethiopians will underestimate Somali numbers in DDSI, but even if we inflate Somali numbers, Somalis in Djibouti + DDSI, would still be far less than Oromos.

why only unite Ogaden+oromia+djibouti in your ideal cushitic country, whats with the rest of Somaliweyn? You don't want Somali to make up the majority :mjlaugh:

Oromo domination with a new shirt :ulyin:

Only including Ogaden and Djibouti means that they can dwarf us all into submission :drakewtf:

This union would only be beneficial for Oromos, who at last will now reach the coast, and put an end to the quest that lasted several centuries. :mjohreally:

Internet Nomad

βœͺΜ½Ν“WΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“iΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“nΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“tΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“eΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“rΜ½Ν“ Μ½Ν“AΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“rΜ½Ν“Μ½Ν“cΜ½Ν“βœͺΜ½Ν“
IMG_1122.jpeg

Oromo domination with a new shirt :ulyin:

Only including Ogaden and Djibouti means that they can dwarf us all into submission :drakewtf:

This union would only be beneficial for Oromos, who at last will now reach the coast, and put an end to the quest that lasted several centuries. :mjohreally:

I don't even think we should give Oromos work or tourist visas, forget anything else.
I even want all Somalis DNA tested, so that sheegads don't slip under the radar. Only established Somalised clans should be allowed to stay in Somalia, they know who they are.

I don't even think we should give Oromos work or tourist visas, forget anything else.
I even want all Somalis DNA tested, so that sheegads don't slip under the radar. Only established Somalised clans should be allowed to stay in Somalia, they know who they are.

Forget about Djibouti and Somalia. We need a final demarcation between the Somali and Oromo region in Ethiopia. After that measure, we're going to sick on each side of the border. That's it.

You want co-operation? We can trade and do other things like neighboring countries. But union? I hope it never happens :manny:

Your dream is as likely as me winning the Powerball lottery jackpot of 1 billion USD
Lmao I just peeped this :mjlol:

Somalia has to get it together then it can join us for sure. They have to stabilize their capital and country first. Djibouti is already stable, as is the Ogaden. We'd all be autonomous states, so the borders between us all would be demarcated, settled once for all, etc.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Honestly if we're dreaming here my dream would be a reconquest. I have dream of restoring our borders in ethiopia as they were in 1530 ad. I have a dream of restoring the original ethnic boundaries as they were at the time of the futuh. I have dream of re-somalification and re-habashification of the original inheritance of hararghe and the shewa plateau. I have a dream to push the borders back to the gelen river.

iu

Honestly if we're dreaming here my dream would be a reconquest. I have dream of restoring our borders in ethiopia as they were in 1530 ad. I have a dream of restoring the original ethnic boundaries as they were at the time of the futuh. I have dream of re-somalification and re-habashification of the original inheritance of hararghe and the shewa plateau. I have a dream to push the borders back to the gelen river.

iu

Well, hey, both of our dreams will never happen, so why not dream?
At the very least, if we secede from ethiopia, it'll easily enable galbeed to do the same, and we'll be doing trade anyway.

Somalia has to get it together then it can join us for sure. They have to stabilize their capital and country first. Djibouti is already stable, as is the Ogaden. We'd all be autonomous states, so the borders between us all would be demarcated, settled once for all, etc.

Somalia will develop in due time. But you have bigger concerns to deal with. How are you going to deal with crypto-Habesha Oromos? After all there are many Oromos who feel closer to Amharas than Somalis, and thus rather remain in Ethiopia than join a union with Somalis. Oromia have too much baggage with it.

Before even thinking about a union with Djibouti, why haven't Oromos and Somalis in Ethiopia forged an allegiance? After all, if there were a genuine will; Oromos would have their way and we would have our own aspirations come to fruition, if we would take over power together. But this haven't happened and we want to involve another nation? Hmm
In that case, I might have to question the motives here :sass2:

Last edited:
Wouldn't this be just a second ethiopia without the xabashi, a third yugoslavia with autonomous ethnic states who would probably fight each other for control of the federation? But I agree, borders should be demarcated and settled for once and the flip flopping clans of the border areas should be forced to choose a side indefinetly, this would stop most if not all conflict between us.

Wouldn't this be just a second ethiopia without the xabashi, a third yugoslavia with autonomous ethnic states who would probably fight each other for control of the federation? But I agree, borders should be demarcated and settled for once and the flip flopping clans of the border areas should be forced to choose a side indefinetly, this would stop most if not all conflict between us.

We already have problems alongside all of our border with Oromia in Ethiopia. Including Djibouti, will at some point in the future make it contestable for Oromos. And probably large part of Ogaden as well by then.

The cons heavily outweighs the pros in this union, and we're better off without it. :ohno: