Where do you chose the capital city of Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
You don't just up sticks and change a capital city let's renovate the current capital city and welcome all somali regardless of their clan. There seems to be a lot of clan tension in Mogadishu hindering other clans from living there

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You don't just up sticks and change a capital city let's renovate the current capital city and welcome all somali regardless of their clan. There seems to be a lot of clan tension in Mogadishu hindering other clans from living there

My dad told me I'd get knocked out if I ventured there :lolbron:

Jeesto

VIP
Cape Guardafui where the Red Sea meats the Indian Ocean and away from the hutus
Somalia-Cape-Guardafui.jpg

Cape Guardafui where the Red Sea meats the Indian Ocean and away from the hutus
Somalia-Cape-Guardafui.jpg

Imagine we built a Port there. We need to rename it, Cape Guardafui sounds like a South African named it, something like corner of the two seas (in Somali) or name it after the clan/ family name of the people who live their to give it a Somali origin.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Imagine we built a Port there. We need to rename it, Cape Guardafui sounds like a South African named it, something like corner of the two seas (in Somali) or name it after the clan/ family name of the people who live their to give it a Somali origin.

It looks exactly Cape town. Beautiful

Jeesto

VIP
Guld of Aden*
The Somali name for that place is Ras Casayr/Raascasayr and it's kinda mountanious with seasonal rivers and dry land which would be a challange to build a human settlement there but atleast the country will have a new modern city away from the troubles
The city should be based on somali architecture(ofc the old one, not todays yack designs), with the white colour just like Marka, Barawe & Muqdisho but still modern.
For ex what it may look like with white
31.jpg

Tel-Aviv-skyline-Israel.jpg

A traditional open air somali suuq/souk like this one in Marrakech
140918_1337.jpg

And the modern part of the city with skyscrapers/skyline and a big square in the center should overlook the sea.
ang1.jpg

One more thing that is important is there should enough beach space between the sea and parts of the city like this, for the stafety of the people, fot the lokala to enjoy the white Sandy beachen and maybe build hotels to attract tourists and boost the tourism industry
ipanema-rio-de-janeiro-por-surfdosul.blogspot-1074x483.jpg

And as for the port, i think it should be only a supply station and the headquarter for the ships that pass thru the Suez Canal everyday from Europe to Asia or vice versa, and put more focus on expanding Bosaso Port and turn it into the Dubai of all ports in Africa
But in the situation we're in right now, we have a long way to go.

Last edited:
Mogadishu or Hargeisa.

The capital city needs to always be the biggest or second biggest. It's good to have everything in the capital.

The capital should also have 50%+ of your country's population. So Somalias capital should ideally have 5 million.

Tourists and business people almost always go to the largest city anyway so it's best everything is in the capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending