Which European colonizer was the best to the Somalis?

Pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The least ruthless, most respectful of local customs, didn't look very down on Somalis and built the land?

I'll go with Italians.

Italians of course. The cuunto they brought with them, colonial structures they built, the peace they maintained. The british only cared about using Somaliland to aid their interests in the city of Aden in Yemen

Definitely Italians. Plus they were the ones fighting for a greater Somali state to be created after decolonization

And the Italians used Italian troops to take Ogaden from Ethiopians and haile selassie, it was eventually the British that gave it back to the Ethiopians which means 1977 probably wouldn't have happened

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Italians being the least ruthless? You don't know what you are talking about. Go and google search 'keli asayle', the famous canal massacre of the Madow labourers. I haven't even started on the fascists who use to inflict capital punishment on Somalis by tying their limbs onto a truck and going at full speed. Wallahi there are many horrors of colonialism that was covered up so well because we were just an oral society who didn't write things down. They use to have Italian-only schools and bars and it wasn't till the SYL generation that this was changed. Read about the history of Dhagaxtuur and why we vehemently opposed their return in the 50s.

waraabe

Your superior
The British since they signed treaties with locals and stayed out of our affairs and only stuck to Berbera.

The Italians used people to cross rivers and bred with Somalis to crest disgusting half breeds whereas the British weren't allowed to breed with us and they couldn't bring their wives to give birth in our lands

They were all devils.
-Italians wanted to create another mini Italy in the Horn of africa, WW2 saved us from that.
-Brits stopped southern Somali expansion, assisted the Habesha against us and handed NFD to Kenya/Ogaden to Ethiopia (also signed a defense pact

-French colonisation is among the worst on part with Belgian and Portuguese, they also practice NEO colonialism which is ravaging North and west africa as we speak, KUDOS for Rwanda for removing the French language. Rageedi

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I have learned that Somalia doesn't have an independent hero that is looked up to by everyone unlike other countries and that "hero" is hated due to tribalism. Shocking, certain tribes stood side with the Brits to fight him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending