Which regions in Somalia/somaliweyn have the highest fertility rates

This should be an interesting thread comparing the TFR in different regions of the country and somaliweyn everybody post the sources you have 💯 I’ll start of with NFD region Kenya mandera has the highest
1691524945042.png

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Defo Gobolka banaadir
Urban areas see declines in TFR. Mostly because of education, lack of ability to fund the lifestyle required for multiple children in city life etc.

It’s why I quite like us in Galmudug staying as baadiyo ppl. SL and PL in general is seeing declines in TFR as expected. I’d rather we in Galmudug delay that till 2040+

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Urban areas see declines in TFR. Mostly because of education, lack of ability to fund the lifestyle required for multiple children in city life etc.

It’s why I quite like us in Galmudug staying as baadiyo ppl. SL and PL in general is seeing declines in TFR as expected. I’d rather we in Galmudug delay that till 2040+
True. That's why it's good to have a good population in baadiyo

PL fertility decline is not that bad especially outside of bosaaso/bari region mudug and nugaal still very strong TFR

Lower Shabelle/KGS followed by Hirshabelle. So basically the breadbasket areas of Somalia. Galmudug including north Mudug and Jubbaland follow.
In Xamar it’s becoming regular to see people reaching 30 still not married. Unheard of in baadiyo
is that the same situation in other big cities in Somalia or just xamar?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
It doesn't have to be developed to that extent. Just have basic things like safety schools and government presence.
Good healthcare and making food available. I’d like if we stayed as rural and not urbanise too quick. We’ve got a lot of catching up to do to reach Kenya’s population and are a gazillion miles behind Ethiopia