Which sex marries outside their community the most, Somali men or Somali women?

Which sex marries outside their community the most, Somali men or Somali women?

• Total voters
Somali women for sure..at least 2 women for every 1 guy that marries out.

95% of Somali marry other Somalis so total number marrying out is tiny

Somali men are either A. Too loyal or B. Too fugly to get ajanabi women. Which one do you think is more plausible 🤔, or C. We don't run to social media to advertise our ajaanib wives 🤣🤣

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
Somali men are either A. Too loyal or B. Too fugly to get ajanabi women. Which one do you think is more plausible 🤔, or C. We don't run to social media to advertise our ajaanib wives 🤣🤣
Or D. they are a weird Salafi Abdi in the UK with an Arab wife.

Juke

VIP
Stats say Somali men in the US
3KzKntI.jpg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It doesn't matter as marriage is an individual choice and Somalis though largely marrying within are still chiefly individuals with their own values and aspirations. It makes no sense to project on to them or expect them to conform to your ideals. A nonchalant approach where you mind your business about others is best.

I should indicate that despite my relaxed approach to others I'm far more insular than most Somalis (men and women alike). For goodness sake I choose prospects from my clan (with an upbringing I know about) because I can get more critical information on them which is exceptionally detailed. I value family and would not approve of someone they don't for whatever reason. I like the familiar over what is highly uncertain or lesser known. So now you know how I truly operate.

Men in general face less pushback from out marriage no matter what race they are. It seems almost universal that groups are more guarded about their female members. This holds despite the fact that we live in pluralistic/multi-cultural societies where individualism is valued above all else.​