Who is at fault for this utter destruction?

Who is at fault ?

• America

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • ISIS

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Saddam Hussein

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are images of Mosul today

C6VMl5yWgAATqqV.jpg

C6VMnSOXEAQIZis.jpg

Mosul under Saddam

General-view-of-damaged-swimming-pool-in-the-five-star-Ninewah-Oberoi-Hotel-in-Mosul.jpg

iraq-war.jpg

%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A9_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B5%D9%84.jpg

The poll results should be very interesting, it will tell a lot. Explain your votes and the rational behind them.

Saudi Arabia has been in a proxy war with Iran for control with the middel-east. When the up-rising came in 2011 they took the chance and began funneling money to different rebel groups together with Qatar that have known affliction with islamist groups.

American funneled money to groups that were more moderate but stopped as the weapons got in the hands of ISIS and Al-nursa, the Saudis didn't.

You have to be specific. I thought this question was who was responsible for 2003 Iraq Invasion

No one disputes who was responsible for the invasion, so asking that is pointless, Just want to see whom people are blaming for this mess 2017, those images are the latest images of the battle for Mosul, pitting pro government/Iranian militia's and the rest of the coalition against ISIS.

You can't blame this on one country. There are many reasons why Mosul is in this condition today or generally Iraq. I say all the choices that you gave all play a big part in how Iraq came to this , including the Iraqis and Saddam Hussein.

You can't blame this on one country. There are many reasons why Mosul is in this condition today or generally Iraq. I say all the choices that you gave all play a big part in how Iraq came to this , including the Iraqis and Saddam Hussein.

Who shares the biggest blame for this mess? who triggered it all? who keeps it alive ? equal blame is a farcical concept, there is never equality in blame when it comes to matters like these.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
Saddam Hussein

Started a petty war with Iran
Al-Anfal campaign
The invasion of Kuwait
Was the catalyst behind the ethnic and sectarian division we see today

America and it's allies bear some of the blame too

Who shares the biggest blame for this mess? who triggered it all? who keeps it alive ? equal blame is a farcical concept, there is never equality in blame when it comes to matters like these.
It is very difficult to tell who is mostly to blame. For instance, the failure of the Iraqi government to win the hearts of the sunni population is one reason for the presence of Isis in Iraq today.Many Sunnis were abused by the new Iraqi government that was formed mostly of Shias after the invasion of US. The Shias were probably angry due to the sufferings that they suffered under Saddam. The formation of radical Muslims inside the US prison camps in Iraq after the invasion of Iraq is another reason for the creation of ISIS. I believe that the many Muslim prisoners became extremists after they suffered abuse and brutal torture from the US soldiers. There are several reasons why the Iraqis is suffering at the moment.

You need to be more specific. If you're refering to the current civil war i put the blame on isis. If its the 2003 iraq invasion then saddam is at fault.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
You need to be more specific. If you're refering to the current civil war i put the blame on isis. If its the 2003 iraq invasion then saddam is at fault.

Most of the ISIS soldiers and generals are ex-Ba'athists who were radicalised after seeing the state of their country post-invasion. If Saddam hadn't left the country in such a dire state, we wouldn't have seen the likes of ISIS today.

It's Because of the US because if you get the problem from its roots you will find the US is to blame for the problems in the middle East today

Saddam Hussein

Started a petty war with Iran
Al-Anfal campaign
The invasion of Kuwait
Was the catalyst behind the ethnic and sectarian division we see today

America and it's allies bear some of the blame too
To be fair, the Iranians were mingling in the politics in Iraq before the invasion . They wanted to see the overthrow of Saddam so Shias in Iraq could take control. The way Saddam responded to the threat was a big mistake of his. This triggered the sectarian division that we see today.

Most of the ISIS soldiers and generals are ex-Ba'athists who were radicalised after seeing the state of their country post-invasion. If Saddam hadn't left the country in such a dire state, we wouldn't have seen the likes of ISIS today.
Yes that's true. The irony is those ex-ba'athist generals have lead Iraq down the path of more destruction. Iraq should be divided into three states, the Kurds have definitely proven themselves worthy enough of having their own state.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
Sunnis are responsible.

Keep killing yourselves

Sunnis are not a unitary group of people, they differ in every way possible. The Christian states of France and Germany have fought on many occasions. Nobody blamed Catholicism since that's the most prevalent sect in both countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending