Why Are They Like This? Damal Restaurant of East London's Yet Another Cringey Tiktok Vid.....

Based

VIP
So cringe. There are literally so many examples of ethnic food restaurants that advertise themselves on social media apps while appealing to younger audiences that you can study from.

One example that comes to mind is ‘Shelby’s’ shawarma joint based in Canada. I’ve seen them quite a lot on YouTube and their advertisements are funny and keep you hooked whilst adding in humorous Arab stereotypes that don’t feel forced or cringe.

I suspect the person who runs that account isn’t very bright or is a typical case of Somali nepotism, probably a friend or relative of the owner to save costs.

Last edited:
So cringe. There’s literally so many examples of ethnic food restaurants that advertise themselves on social media apps while appealing to younger audiences that you can study from.

One example that comes to mind is ‘Shelby’s’ shawarma joint based in Canada. I’ve seen them quite a lot on YouTube and their advertisements are funny and keep you hooked whilst adding in humorous Arab stereotypes that don’t feel forced or cringe.

I suspect the person who runs that account isn’t very bright or is a typical case of Somali nepotism, probably a friend or relative of the owner to save costs.
The guy who’s doing the adverts isn’t Somali it’s a Bengali guy lol

Yaraye

VIP
aaaaaaah! :damn::damn:this is embarrassing!
Sesame Street Fainting GIF

some Uk Somalis are a joke wallahi they don’t understand these shisheeyes are clowning them :susp:
There are two types of jokes, one where people are laughing with you and one where they're laughing at you.. It seems some people have difficulty in differentiating between the two types.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts