Why do Somali parents neglect their children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
While I'm waiting for my curls to air dry let's talk about why Somali parents neglect their children. One of childhood friends is a social worker (she isn't Somali) and we met up for a chit chat after work today and she was telling me that she works with a lot of Somali families and most of the Somali families she works with are on alert because of child neglect. There was this case where the mother literally didn't care and her kids would go to school in the morning without breakfast and teachers got the social services involved.

She also told me about another case where there was sexual abuse going on in the family (she refused to spill more tea on this matter) and the parents aren't kicking this individual out of the home so the children were taken and then returned once they decided to get rid of the person suspected of abuse.

I had to tell her that I didn't want to her any more of the cases she encounters or works on because it was too much for me and didn't want my day to be ruined knowing that there are innocent children suffering out there in the world because of jahil people.

Is there any wonder Somali youths in the west go down the wrong paths in life when they have parents such as these? I literally feel so ashamed to be part of such community and degenerate race.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
It depends on the parents, if the parents are educated, hard workers they will know everything that's going on their child's life. But the stay at home, uneducated, taxi drivers parents can't communicate with their kids. Some kids see their parents like zoo animals. It's kind of sad if you think about it.

Last edited:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
It depends on the parents, if the parents are educated, hard workers they will everything that's going on their child's life. But the stay at home, uneducated, taxi drivers parents can't communicate with their kids. Some kids see their parents like zoo animals. It's kind of sad if you think about it.

How hard is it to communicate with your child and spot signs of sexual abuse? Somalis just like to close their eyes and minds to things because they don't want the community gossiping about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts