Why do some Muslims Take up their Husbands last name/clan

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’ve never seen this before in our community but I have seen many non-Somali Muslims switch their last names like Gaalo do here in America.

Isn’t that haram? To take up a lineage that’s not yours? Why tf would you even want someone elses name. This practice comes from Protestantism in England, where women were considered their husbands property and they had no rights and he owned anything that was hers including her name. For life, divorce isn’t a thing in their religion. Why would Muslims take this up you may ask? Because of colonialism. 9 out of 10 times, it’s Desi Muslims who I see do this. They also were colonized by the english.

I saw a facebook post saying it’s haram and there’s a thousand desis in the comments mad at the account because they all changed their last names or their wives have their name. I’m seeing more Muslims do this and I just find it repulsive. Bit by bit they are assimilating.
:noneck:
I was born my fathers daughter and I will die that way
:wow1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I asked my Pakistani friend about it and she said it doesn’t mean anything and that it just means “your with your husband now”. I told her if it doesn’t mean anything and it’s Islamically valid then that means a husband should be allowed to take up his wifes name and she started backtracking.
:sass1:

AbdiFreedom

For US colonization of Somalia|Trudeau4Prison
Staff Member
I know a Somali woman who changed her last name for her husband's. Surprisingly it does exist.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I know a Somali woman who changed her last name for her husband's. Surprisingly it does exist.
You’ve seen everything that the rest of us haven’t seen
If I say I’ve only seen a blue sky, you will say you’ve seen a rainbow sky
:mugshotman:

AbdiFreedom

For US colonization of Somalia|Trudeau4Prison
Staff Member
You’ve seen everything that the rest of us haven’t seen
If I say I’ve only seen a blue sky, you will say you’ve seen a rainbow sky
:mugshotman:

I'm old. Of course with time and if you're not a hermit, you'll see all sorts of unusual things in life. What's more common than Somali women taking their husband's name are Somali kids taking their hooyo's last name.

And I have seen a sky that wasn't blue actually. Just a few days ago, my sky was orange.

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
I’ve never seen this before in our community but I have seen many non-Somali Muslims switch their last names like Gaalo do here in America.

Isn’t that haram? To take up a lineage that’s not yours? Why tf would you even want someone elses name. This practice comes from Protestantism in England, where women were considered their husbands property and they had no rights and he owned anything that was hers including her name. For life, divorce isn’t a thing in their religion. Why would Muslims take this up you may ask? Because of colonialism. 9 out of 10 times, it’s Desi Muslims who I see do this. They also were colonized by the english.

I saw a facebook post saying it’s haram and there’s a thousand desis in the comments mad at the account because they all changed their last names or their wives have their name. I’m seeing more Muslims do this and I just find it repulsive. Bit by bit they are assimilating.
I was born my fathers daughter and I will die that way
:wow1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It’s the need to fit in, the need to be accepted by the masses. It’s a hell of a drug.

Trending